What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
This is the worst time of year for us with the thaw starting and frost coming out. Seems to take forever for our road to heal.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
My driveway is mush and the road is staying to get real washboardy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Near as I can tell, Michigan has 4 seasons, WINTER, 2 mudseasons, and the orange barrel season during which everyone tries to fix the damage from the other 3, and which is never quite long enough to gitter done.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Wow my road should be a swamp this time of year and it's in great shape. I guess the frost made it out already and all the grading I did last year really works.:) Or maybe I'm being rewarded for keeping my snowblower and rear blade on just in case. It't still Michigan weather.;):rolleyes::D

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Spent the last two weeks whipping my failing drive into shape using my new to me grader/scraper.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23873

Ultimately I had just over 200 tons of crushed asphalt brought in. Drive was so bad I had to spread it over frozen/thawed/snow covered ground. Here is when it was at its worst as the frost was coming out and the snow melting...

Over the last 4 days we have had over 2" of rain, with over an 1" last nite. Ive been hitting areas with the plate compactor as they dry out but taking advantage of the moisture in the asphalt for compaction. I set up the laser and was able to get slope on 2 planes which left me with this, picture just taken..

The rain last nite was perfect as it came down hard and fast which beat down alot of the fines.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
This is the worst time of year for us with the thaw starting and frost coming out. Seems to take forever for our road to heal.
I second that.snow pretty much gone as of this morning, 4" wet slop fell throughout the day. What a mess. Kubota stays in the house today. Start building box blade this weekend so i can square things up while driveway is still soft.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Spent the last two weeks whipping my failing drive into shape ....

The rain last nite was perfect as it came down hard and fast which beat down alot of the fines.
Sure wish mine looked like that, beautiful job done, congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Replaced the rear axle/tranny oil last night, replaced the filter and dumped 3 gallons of fresh oil in. I also drained the reservoir for the FEL. I have a few hoses to replace, while it is drained. I also installed a new key switch last night. New one fits nice a tight! A little progress each time I get to work on her!!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Kinda forgot. I unloaded this critter a few days ago.

She does have a couple of aches and pains!

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Moved 5000+ lbs of flagstone for the installers from the pallets in the front yard to the install location in the back yard. (End of day update: 9402 lbs) Used my new fork set for the first time today.

WARNING I started out with my pallet forks a little closer together than needed and noticed that my bucket lip was bending like mad. I slid the forks as wide apart as possible and the stress was much less on the lip. Be careful, or you could permanently give your tractor a "smile."

I bought the 1100lb rating forks and am glad I didn't buy the heavier duty model. The added leverage afforded by the load being way out in front of your bucket limits your curl ability and the forks add weight that limits your lift capability. Unless you have a skid loader attachment on your bucket, lip mount forks are for light duty only. If you have a huge Grand machine, you can probably get the utility out of the heavier fork set.

We moved each piece one at a time or two smaller pieces if we had them. Some of these pieces weigh upwards of 350 lbs. The tractor did fine with the load. Only 36 more tons...

This one pallet weighs 5072 lbs

Attachments

Last edited:

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Rubbed down the undercoat on my b6000 radiator chassis parts and gave them another coat of Kubota blue.... Need a few more coats before I can reattach to tractor along with new radiator...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Damn Ray, that's a lot of flagstone! Some pretty big pieces, too!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Sean,

I thought of using one of those but dangling a 400 lb chunk of stone is problematic on the rough terrain I have to traverse. Plus, using a pallet, I can move two pieces.

We figured out leaning them a foot or more past the upper bucket edge and lodging the lower end in between the pallet slats not only locks them in place but moves the CG way aft, taking a load off the lower bucket lip. A "much mo-bettuh" setup.

Lil Foot,

Wrassling with these is like dancin' with Gramma. Funny, the stone masons kid is out helping and doing a great job. Initially, the kid wanted to pick up each piece and we showed him how to walk the pieces using much less energy. This teenager was full of energy but he would have burned out by lunch. Hats off to him out doing hard labor though. Many kids today have not a clue what it means to do a day of shoveling or moving heavy stone. :)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Lil Foot,

Wrassling with these is like dancin' with Gramma. Funny, the stone masons kid is out helping and doing a great job. Initially, the kid wanted to pick up each piece and we showed him how to walk the pieces using much less energy. This teenager was full of energy but he would have burned out by lunch. Hats off to him out doing hard labor though. Many kids today have not a clue what it means to do a day of shoveling or moving heavy stone. :)
Ray, one of my wife's favorite stories about our oldest son. He came blasting into the house at 12 years old Stinking to high heaven, screaming "Mom!!!!! I just made $20!!!!. He was over helping the neighbor dig up leach lines for a septic system. :rolleyes: He worked on it for 3 days and made $100. Had to strip and get hosed off in the yard before coming inside. But she was very proud of him :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The lifting device sean showed is a handy tool. I built a scissor type setup for moving large 250 lb cement blocks. Worked slick. Had to place 20 for power pedestals. Heavier the block the tighter it grabs.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
A little more work on the old girl last night. I got the FEL reservoir all cleaned out for the new fluid, which I will replace tonight. I replaced the lines running to the controls and the main lines to the pump. I also installed a new positive side battery cable. I didn't like the condition of the one that was on there..

Another week or 2 and I should have her ready to do some work this spring!!

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Rebuilt both of my boom cylinders on my L3710. It wasn't leaking when I got the machine, but I did find that if I lifted the boom all the way up, it would leave a nice puddle by the time I lowered the boom back down. The "wiping" seal in the end of the cylinder packing was bad/failing. Otherwise the boom didn't drift down at all so the cylinder packing inside was solid. Bought the whole rebuild kit and replaced everything.

Now there are no drips even after cycling the boom up and down, good to go.

As a side note, I shimmed the hydraulics up about 300+ psi (I need to test the overall pressure soon so I know what I'm dealing with) so it seemed to accelerate the leaking on an already older machine. Not bad for 2000 hours, the cylinders appeared to never have been apart before.