Kubota L3200 50hr service safety switch?

Bsmiley001

Equipment
Kubota L3200 HST
Aug 3, 2013
Plainfield indiana
I just changed the engine oil/filter and changed out 2 hydraulic oil filters.
Tractor starts fine but when I get off the tractor after its running it shuts off.
Pto is not engaged, I have tried putting in neutral, idle down, parking break. Does not matter as soon as I get off the seat it dies

2012 L3200 HST
LA 524 loader

Thanks

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
check under the seat… a little black lever is held down by the seat when someone or something is on the seat… it shuts off the engine when it's not held down… if the hst control is not in the neutral position. try moving the hst control to make sure it's centered...

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Most likely the HST pedals switch. Very odd that it even starts. It's not the seat switch as you stated it is in working condition. There is another switch that is being activated....the seat switch is working properly.

Kubamboo

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3200 HST
Sep 29, 2014
Alameda, CA, USA
BSmiley, I am having the same issue. When I get off the seat, the engine would periodically stop. Now I am unable to start the engine unless I move around the HST pedals, brakes, and the clutch until all the components are in the right position. Did you find the cause of your initial problem. I think my neutral safety switch is sticking or bad. thanks

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
When seated look between your feet at 40A, then 40A 30A to right of that, then next to that is the HST switch (has four wires coming out of top).

Dismount and lean over from left side. Use right hand to rock foot throttle/pedal. Mechanical linkage moves to release/depress plunger on HST switch. Plunger on bottom of HST switch.

Kubamboo

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3200 HST
Sep 29, 2014
Alameda, CA, USA
Thanks much, I found the switch today and the rocker arm from the HST was not actuating the plunger on the safety switch enough to allow starting. I had to reach down and manually push the plunger in each time. Now I just have to figure out how to adjust it to solve the problem. Really appreciate the help. Now I can sleep tonight.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
On my L3800 the problem was allowing the starter to "clatter" but never engage. The dealer readjusted the switch and opened up the range and now its not a problem.