What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
Planted food plots, mowed some shooting lanes, and moved about 10 tons of dirt and rocks that washed into a drainage ditch.

OklahomaBill

Equipment
B7300
Sep 17, 2014
Oklahoma
Checked the engine oil, checked the hydraulic oil, cleaned the air filter, air up the tires, checked the coolant level, examined hoses....

Basically enjoyed a Friday evening outside.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Little late reporting...... but I................. Broke it:eek:

Engine locked up. But Im not in any deeper shiat than when I first bought it suspecting it might need rebuild. Was just hoping to bandaid some and delay the inevitable. Oh well.
Bought an L225 to pull engine and belly mower from to go into the L235. Hopefully the transplant works well in long and short term as I think it might.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D

I installed a horn I took from a tiny Toyota and then installed a decompression cable on mine today. Was going to do a little grading on the drive but got tired :(
Gurn
Dug a pathway for a buddy of mine for his outside wood stove.....and then cleaned the ol girl up and greased it up ra'll good!

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Used my memade rear forks to move a few pallets of stuff to make room for storage items, then pulled forks and dropped the trailer hitch in and moved a bunch of boats around. 24 foot pontoon was a challenge for the little tractor, would pick it up but no steering. A little front ballast may be in order.

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
Farm and Fleet had King Kutter rear blades on sale so I picked up a 5 footer ( TRB-60) for my B2620.

We were planning on buying a FEL for the b2620 when we sold our old house, but nothing is selling around here so we ended up working out a rent to own kind of a deal with our neighbors who have been renting across the street from us for years........ Since we won't have the extra $$$ before winter for the FEL to move snow with I figured the rear blade would be much better than shoveling ;)

Of course I had to test the blade out. We've had several HEAVY rains that has washed a TON of gravel out of our driveway (which is a hill). So I used the blade to drag the gravel back up the drive and fill in the washed out spots and also even everything out. It worked pretty darn good too.

Here are a few picture of the kubota sporting a new rear blade :D

We really need some more white rock, but I think we'll hold off until we get the FEL

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Removed and sharpened the blades on the G6200HST. Proceeded to cut the lawn when, after ten minutes or so, the blades came to a halt. After diagnosing the problem, found out that the gearbox never had a lick of oil in it and the ball holder came apart. Obviously the oil seal failed miserably because I just filled the box at the beginning of the season. Oh well, It could have been worse.

I am going to try to source the bearings locally and get it back together for the weekend.

Really isn't much to the job once you figure out how to get it apart. I suppose a WSM would have helped in the situation.

Buse

Equipment
B6100 with FEL
Oct 3, 2011
Sweden
For a long time the brake have been out of order on right back wheel. Now it is fixed with new brake shoes. Also swapped the oil seal around left wheel axis. Now I have an oil free garage floor for the firts time in two years. And it was so easy to do it once you just get to do it...

nedobs

Equipment
bx1860
Oct 4, 2014
wharton,ohio
I am trying to find out the bolt pattern on my bx2360 to see if I can switch to different wheels Want to go from 24 inch to 26 on my bx1860 but can't find the bolt patterns anywhere ???

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I am trying to find out the bolt pattern on my bx2360 to see if I can switch to different wheels Want to go from 24 inch to 26 on my bx1860 but can't find the bolt patterns anywhere ???
I COULD be wrong as it has happened before.......

If you change the rims and tires on your rear you will also need to change them on the front as you have 4 wheel drive capable tractor and there may be an uneven rotation when you engage the 4 wheel drive lever and wear out and or possibly break your 4 wheel drive unit.

Skip44

Equipment
Jeeps, L2900, FEL, tiller, brush hog,post hole drill, rock rake
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
I COULD be wrong as it has happened before.......

If you change the rims and tires on your rear you will also need to change them on the front as you have 4 wheel drive capable tractor and there may be an uneven rotation when you engage the 4 wheel drive lever and wear out and or possibly break your 4 wheel drive unit.
You are correct, I build Jeeps and it is important to keep the front and rear axles in the same ratio. Sometimes you can get away with a little difference but I wouldn't chance it.

Skip

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Hauled some fill in with the fel to level out a spot for my bx's new home. Put up a shelter logic shed to help keep the elements off. It's been sitting outside or under our sunroom since I got it. It deserves better. :) I had to move the rotary mower, so I hooked it up and played with it for a few minutes.