Noise canceling headphones ?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Thank you everyone for the advise. My only concern was not being able to hear my machine.
You can still hear your machine but you won't go deaf in the process. In fact you will detect new sounds you didn't realize your machine was making because the background machine noise drowned it out.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I bought these from Amazon at $80.....
they are now $60....

I have had 20+ headphones in my life - none of them hold a candle to these.......they are not noise cancelling - however, the sound they produce is as close to perfect I have ever heard. Yes - I have bose,sennheiser, and even the beats....

these are comfortable - over the ear (the kind I like) and freakin loud if you want it to be that way. And bluetooth.......

I cut (shredded) wood yesterday for 2 hours with these ON and over a stocking cap.....I could here the chipper and the tractor and even the whine of the HST but they were all muffled, and not buy the music, rather the construction of the headphones.

If you are an audiophile, I highly suggest you try them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7PV6PN/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A22QSF354ZRC0F
Best and most comfortable headphones I've ever owned, and I've been through a few.
What makes them so comfortable is the soft cushion instead of the "leather like" the rest were. Also don't hurt the top of my ears where my glasses are. All the rest pushed the glasses frames into the side of my temple and a few hours of wearing them was all I could take.
Thanks for passing the info on them to me.

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
I use these NR25 rating headphones with AM/FM radio, bluetooth and aux-in inputs... https://www.amazon.com/ION-Audio-Tough-Sounds-Protection/dp/B00L9MFATO

The headset above is far better quality/performance than two other radio set headphones I previously bought that crapped out.. common name brand, sold under different labels, all NR22 reduction level.

There is a pretty significant difference between the NR22 and NR25 ratings.
As dandeman said and linked to above...

I've used these as part of a full time tractor business. I'd say these are one of the rare finds where you have a low price AND good quality. I've beat them senseless, operated them in extreme conditions (dust and temperature) and they Just Keep Going. I superglued in a micro USB adapter and would just charge them in my truck via 12v plug.

Here's the review I put on Amazon:
After almost 2 years of VERY HARSH use, I finally lost my Ion headphones. These things were at times so dusty you could recognize them. They were dropped, rained on, subjected to dirt, heat, freezing cold, sweat, etc. They never failed me in any way. I really can't believe they lasted as long as they did. I had many cell phone conversations with my wife through them even while sitting on the tractor with the engine running. These headphones would stay charged for a full 10+hr day of podcasts and radio. I can only hope my second set that I'll buy today work as well as the first. The only thing I did to modify these is to glue a mini-usb to micro-usb converter plug into the charging slot so I could use the same charging cable as my phone.