Noise canceling headphones ?

Hedgehog

Equipment
Bx2370
Apr 5, 2015
Fairhaven massachusetts
I use my bx2370 a lot in the winter for snow removal at my house. I was originally gonna install a stereo in my Curtis hard sided cab but a friend of mine suggested Bluetooth headphones paired to my phone. Has anyone used these? Would you go with noise cancelling or just regular headphones? I still would like to hear what's going on as far as my tractor but wouldn't mind a little music while operating it. Any input would be appreciated.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Noise Canceling headphones will pull out some of the repetitive noise. You will still hear most everything around you. Also you will not need as much volume on your music. Better for your ears.

If you go that route..... don't get cheap ones. Won't be worth the extra cost. Get good ones knowing your total $$$ overall spent will equal cost of install of a stereo in your tractor but without all the hassle and you can use them in other rigs too. (UTV, Rented Trencher etc.)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I use my bx2370 a lot in the winter for snow removal at my house. I was originally gonna install a stereo in my Curtis hard sided cab but a friend of mine suggested Bluetooth headphones paired to my phone. Has anyone used these? Would you go with noise cancelling or just regular headphones? I still would like to hear what's going on as far as my tractor but wouldn't mind a little music while operating it. Any input would be appreciated.
I bought these from Amazon at $80.....
they are now $60....

I have had 20+ headphones in my life - none of them hold a candle to these.......they are not noise cancelling - however, the sound they produce is as close to perfect I have ever heard. Yes - I have bose,sennheiser, and even the beats....

these are comfortable - over the ear (the kind I like) and freakin loud if you want it to be that way. And bluetooth.......

I cut (shredded) wood yesterday for 2 hours with these ON and over a stocking cap.....I could here the chipper and the tractor and even the whine of the HST but they were all muffled, and not buy the music, rather the construction of the headphones.

If you are an audiophile, I highly suggest you try them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7PV6PN/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A22QSF354ZRC0F

enviramental

Equipment
2012 b2320
Mar 23, 2017
Ottawa
I bought the noise cancelling ear protectors from Lee Valley tools at the beginning of the summer. They allow me to hear how my tractor is running, and listen to the radio or bluetooth, and I can hear peolple when they talk to me. I believe I could also answer a phone call if I wanted too, though I don't usually bring my phone with me. I don't need to be in touch that bad.

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
I use these NR25 rating headphones with AM/FM radio, bluetooth and aux-in inputs... https://www.amazon.com/ION-Audio-Tough-Sounds-Protection/dp/B00L9MFATO

The headset above is far better quality/performance than two other radio set headphones I previously bought that crapped out.. common name brand, sold under different labels, all NR22 reduction level.

There is a pretty significant difference between the NR22 and NR25 ratings.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I hate to say this but with noise canceling cans go big or go home. I've been a professional musician for nearly 40 years and have kept my hearing despite the years of rock on my ears. I was proactive and protected them as much as I could, and thankfully technology has caught up. The Bose Quiet Comfort 25 will be a best choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I've had the Bose QC 3's since shortly after they first came out, we have spent many hours on the tractor together-I can highly recommend Bose. Anything else is just a attempt to copy their technology.

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
I like the 3M Work Tunes Headphones. $42.22 on Amazon. Used them all summer. Been great on the mower as well as in the tractor cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eng1886trk

Equipment
2016 B2650, 60" bucket, QH15, RB1572, LR1572, BB1260, 42" forks
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
2nd the 3M Work tunes with bluetooth. I use them all the time on my tractor, zero turn and when using my wood splitter.

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
I am on my second pair of Bose noise canceling products and been real happy. First pair was plug in and now using wireless Bose 30 now and they work great. Also allows adjustable back ground noise level in. Their not cheap but my hearing is well worth it. Use them doing construction work for protection from table saws, concrete cutting saws etc. They work really well on the riding mower and the tractor. The tunes and comedy channels helps the day go by as a side benefit.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Always looking for something better than what I now have.
Can't remember the brand, they work great, but the padding is "leather" and seem small in diameter.
I don't have overly large ears, but they don't completely cover my ear so they press on the ear which in turn presses on my glasses frame. After an hour or so my ears feel like they are being cut.
Just wonder if the Ghostek soDrop 2 Premium Bluetooth ones have cloth instead and would solve this problem.

Mondo

Equipment
L355ss, back blade, bush hog
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
I just got a pair of 3M work tunes in May of this year. Reception is great on both AM and FM It also has a voice assist so when you tune the radio it tells you what frequency your on so you don't have to remove the unit from head to tune. They also make a Bluetooth unit for the same model. The maximum volume is set to not exceed more than 82db which saves your hearing also. Pretty good piece of equipment.

wwiifan

Equipment
2017 BX23S
Jul 13, 2017
Salina, Kansas
I got the skullcandy Smokinbuds 2 version...at my local Target. About 50 bucks I believe...battery lasts a long time. Sound quality is great...comfortable and not $200.00 like the beats. I can say this because I have two pair of the beats and like these better.

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia

Vacula

Equipment
BX1500, LA181, 54" MMM, JohnnyPlow Sr, Heavy Hitch, Box Scraper
May 10, 2017
Clinton County, PA
I use the 3M Work-Tunes also. They leave me the ability to hear a radio and "muffle" noise to a safe level. Why did I use the word "muffle"?
Because you really don't want to shut the world out while your working your tractor. You really need to feel and hear some of that tractor while using it. Gauges are OK but it helps to know how your engine, transmission and attachments sound as you use them. Next is the ability to hear anything trying to get your attention. A car or truck, a dog, a friend or family member not in your vision path!
You need to hear your equipment as you run it. As much I like to crank my Pink Floyd and Oleander in the house, you should just stick to safe noise reduction while operating machinery.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I use mine all the time and highly recommend them. I use them on my zero turn, open station and cab tractors.

I started off cheap with the in ear headphones by Sony and they worked pretty good, especially if you add hearing protection on top. The negative of the in-ear was that I had to use a cable to my phone and I was constantly snagging the cable.

I then bought a set of "on-ear" bluetooth Sony headphones on sale. They worked well but I found I had to keep the volume up high to hear any music while working.

Both in-ear and on-ear model hurt your ears after wearing them for a while.

I finally splurged and bought the Bose QC35 bluetooth over-ear headphones. They are by far the best I've used so far in terms of comfort and noise cancellation. I can wear them and maintain a low sound volume and my ears don't ring anymore after using them on the zero turn.

I personally find the QC35's better than wearing the cheapo hearing ear muffs.

The only problem with wearing anything over the head is if you have to drive under trees and getting the headphones knocked off while driving.