New Tractor Hydro Issues

TKC420

Equipment
MX5200 4in1 Bucket and Rear Box Blade with Top n Tilt kit
Nov 11, 2017
Mena, Arkansas USA
Hey folks. Just purchased a 2017 MX5200 ... had it delivered yesterday. Has only 1.5hrs on it. Now, I have operated heavy equipment my entire life growing up in a construction family but this is my first smaller tractor. I have a box blade on the rear end with the additional top and tilt kit to make it more useful. I also added a 4 in 1 front bucket so I have the third function hydro buttons on the stick. Here is the issue .... after the truck left and I got on it to try it out I quickly found what I consider a major issue. The box (3pt hitch) will not raise at all unless I rev the engine up past 3000 rpm and even then it comes up very very very slowly .... this cannot be right. This would render it impossible to make the fine tuning adjustments as you make a grading pass for leveling a building pad area etc ... Something must be wrong with the hydro system. I am having a similar issue with the 4 in 1 bucket .. it won't open/close until about 3000rpm and operates slowly. All the other hydraulics work just fine at lower rpms ..... any ideas from the more experienced Kubota owners here? This tractor is brand new:mad:

TKC420

Equipment
Nov 11, 2017
Mena, Arkansas USA
It shouldn't be considering the tractor is brand new and was delivered from the dealer yesterday but ya just never know these days if people really do their jobs correctly. When parked on level ground I cannot see any hydro in the small viewport on the back end so yes I assume the hydro is low. The manual says to use Kubota super udt2 fluid .... and finding that at my local shop is not possible. Could I just use some standard tractor hydro fluid to top this off to see if that solves the problem?

TKC420

Equipment
Nov 11, 2017
Mena, Arkansas USA
I was wondering if low hydro was the issue but figured the dealer wouldn't deliver a new tractor in that condition. I was also concerned since the loader hydro works perfectly that perhaps they messed something up when they installed the additional hydro lines for the extras in the rear and the third function up front. Wouldn't low hydro effect the entire system as a whole? Because the front end loader is working fine ... just issues with the 4 in 1 and the 3pt hitch .... ??? confusing to say the least

Shelbygt660

Feb 27, 2017
echo bay
I'd call your dealer and tell them you want them to provide hydraulic oil. And if that doesn't fix the issue then they should pick it up or come out and fix it. After all its brand new

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

REL1

Equipment
L2501 BH77, EA Grapple, Land Pride Grader Scraper
Apr 22, 2017
IN
Just because it's new doesn't always mean it 100% ready to go.
Thats why I have said to do the full inspection when you first get your new rig "like the 50 hour inspection". Thought I would mention I made the mistake of thinking the hydro was low when it was full past the top of the sight glass. :rolleyes:
Sounds like it could be a simple valve/plumbing problem?
I would call the dealer ASAP.
Congrats on a awesome rig !

TKC420

Equipment
Nov 11, 2017
Mena, Arkansas USA
Kinda what I planned to do .... just wanted to get as much info as possible before talking to the dealer .... the more informed the customer the better ya know. I will be calling the dealer first thing Monday morning for sure. Kinda frustrating when you drop that amount of money on something and its not fully operational the first day. Thanks for your help .... glad to be a part of this community

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Wonder if they botched the 3rd function install?

Typically the 3pt has first dibs on hydro flow, sounds like a hose is plugged, bucking flow, purging pressure or somehow the 3pt system is wonky???

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Call your dealer and tell them what's happening. I think that the prior comments are correct and they have something plumbed wrong.

Pat

TKC420

Equipment
Nov 11, 2017
Mena, Arkansas USA
Update ..... Called the dealer yesterday .... they sent a truck out and picked it up and the dealership manager apologized profusely ..... haven't heard anything yet but I expect them to make it right. Dealership is over an hour from me so they jumped when I called and managed to get someone out right away.....

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
Sounds like they are going to take care of it. Good news

REL1

Equipment
L2501 BH77, EA Grapple, Land Pride Grader Scraper
Apr 22, 2017
IN
Will be interesting to see what the problem was.
Glad their taking care of it.

TKC420

Equipment
Nov 11, 2017
Mena, Arkansas USA
I have not heard anything from them ..... curious as well to see how this pans out and what the problem was. Kinda surprised they haven't contacted me to at least let me know they found the issue and are working on it .... tomorrow is Friday and theyve had it since Monday afternoon ....

TKC420

Equipment
Nov 11, 2017
Mena, Arkansas USA
Update....got her back this afternoon. Everything works perfectly now. Gonna get back to work on my projects tomorrow morning.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
And now rest of the story....

Paul Harvey

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It's actually inconsiderate of the original poster to come on a forum and seek answers to his problem, then when he get resolve doesn't have the courtesy to let others (who in the future may have similar problems) know what he learned.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hey folks. Just purchased a 2017 MX5200 ... had it delivered yesterday. Has only 1.5hrs on it. Now, I have operated heavy equipment my entire life growing up in a construction family but this is my first smaller tractor. I have a box blade on the rear end with the additional top and tilt kit to make it more useful. I also added a 4 in 1 front bucket so I have the third function hydro buttons on the stick. Here is the issue .... after the truck left and I got on it to try it out I quickly found what I consider a major issue. The box (3pt hitch) will not raise at all unless I rev the engine up past 3000 rpm and even then it comes up very very very slowly .... this cannot be right. This would render it impossible to make the fine tuning adjustments as you make a grading pass for leveling a building pad area etc ... Something must be wrong with the hydro system. I am having a similar issue with the 4 in 1 bucket .. it won't open/close until about 3000rpm and operates slowly. All the other hydraulics work just fine at lower rpms ..... any ideas from the more experienced Kubota owners here? This tractor is brand new:mad:
Maybe he had one of the remote valves stuck in the on position. How is the 3-in-1 bucket plumbed? Is it OEM front remotes? Is there a diverter valve somewhere stuck mid position?

I know the M59 has a set of levers you have to engage when the backhoe is removed to get the 3PH working. I don't know about the MX5200.