Tooth bar

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
Gentlemen, have a L2800 and am curious if the tooth bar makes that much differance when it comes to grading and pushing up small trees and brush? Where is best place to purchase the Piranha? Thanks

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Your bucket lip without a tooth bar will often push over small trees but will not grab them pulling roots and all out of ground.

I love mine and most small trees 2 to 4 inches I just rip them out of ground, I either pick bucket up 3 to 4 inches and drive over them or I curl bucket down contact tree and ease forward curling bucket upward.

We have lots of vines in and around our wood edges that extend way up into my trees I use the tooth bar to grab and pull down the vines, sure I could tie a strap to them and pull them down but the tooth bar makes quick work.

You want be disappointed

http://bxpanded.com/piranha-tooth bar

Attachments

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
I agree i just push them over and they spring back up. Would this bar grade or dig better than the other type tooth bar, thanks.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I agree i just push them over and they spring back up. Would this bar grade or dig better than the other type tooth bar, thanks.
Bjones,

if you look at the "teeth" you see there is a short sharp tooth between the other larger ones - it might take a time or two to hit the mark, but when you do - it will pull the little saplings out.

Also by standing the toothbar vertical before the sapling and rocking the bucket a bit, it will dig and after a couple of rockings, then curl the bucket, the root ball will pop right up, depending on the type of tree.;)

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
its unbelievable what a difference this toothbar makes on even a smaller tractor.

check out my thread here on the site to see what it does...

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I purchased a Piranha to clear privet hedge and other shrubs/saplings on our property. It does exactly as advertised. It plays havoc with the saw briars. I am also amazed at how my L3240 can push over big trees. The trees you see in the photos are china berry and wild cherry. The china berry trees were surrounded by privet hedge. The Kubota is making the clearing job much easier than I expected.

Attachments

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I have a Rankin tooth bar (similar to Titan) and a Pirana tb. The Rankin is just a little bit better for brush. Used to swap, not worth the time. The PTB has been on for two years now and not been off. Lots of snow, lots of gravel lots of roots and works in all!

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
I have the Pihrana bar and am mixed on it's use. I am getting better with it and have about 200 hours on my tractor. Still the tractor itself is very limited with rock and trees. I have not yet been able to dig out anything over 1 inch or pull rocks out without great effort. It was working real well after a rain digging out an RV port until the shale sliced up tow front tires.

Not sure if the extra teeth are working well for me or not yet but I still think it was worth the buy. There have been times a plain bucket would not have worked alone but more times I hoped the teeth would have helped and they did not.

Having the 6 teeth would be great for rocky ground and back dragging but other than that they are prohibiting. I can leave the PTB on all the time but would have to remove the other teeth on too many small jobs.

I have also found if I use the outer notches I can still install my forks and pick up most pallets with removing the tooth bar.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
ive not tried it on rocks yet.

but as for clearing brush, briars & uprooting smaller diameter trees?

its been friggin awesome!

im still not good backdragging flat with it... but practice makes perfect.

also imagine that for it to be real good at peeling sod up that it would take a bigger heavier tractor than mine.