Sep 8, 2017
New York

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
There are two things that the Piranha toothbar can do that you can't with a conventional toothbar, back-drag smooth and cut brush off. I happy with the Piranha on my L3901DT.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
That doesn't look anywhere near as rough and tough as the Piranha. I got a Piranha with my new BX in 2014, and still am amazed in how it digs and cuts

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
I love titan products & have several....

That said: their toothbar was not as highly recommended as the piranha... & that is a beast of a thing so far.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
So, I was pretty set on buying the piranha toothbar for my 2014 bx25d but I have shopping around and I came across this titan, https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LXL2KB4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508557886&sr=8-2-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=tooth+bar&psc=1
I'm wondering if anyone has bought or used this and if you think this should fit the bucket of my bx25d, thanks in advance

- Jake
I have one like that, with 6 teeth. I don't have a Piranha to compare, but I think mine would be better for digging small boulders and for carrying logs. I suspect the Piranha is equal or better for most other chores.

Bruce

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Depends on what you want your toothbar to do. As the other guys mentioned, there are things the Piranha Tooth Bar can do you CANNOT do with those teeth. There MIGHT be things that toothbar can do the PTB cannot.

One of the first things I got for my BX was the Piranha Tooth Bar.

It's never been off. It's dug/moved a lot of dirt, helped re-grade my driveway couple times. Love it.

I have Titan's Clamp on Pallet Forks, and they're great - well made. They go on over the PTB (but in 2 locations only) and by the looks of it , will also work with that Titan bar with more options for spacing.

Again - Titan makes good stuff in my book.

Only you can make the final decision.

Best wishes!

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I have a 6' and a 5' conventional toothbar on different tractors. I've uprooted bushes 6'-8' high, and back drag without any problem.

I've stacked 1/8 mile of brush cut out of fence row in 15 minutes. Just turn the teeth down, leave them up about 2-3" and move forward. Like a huge rake, never touching the ground and picks up nearly every branch!

Just recently relocated several yards of dirt that was excavated for a foundation repair. Then sloped and leveled the area for planting grass.

The choice of toolbar type has several variables. Cost, you probably can't find a used Piranha tooth bar, but you can pretty easily find a construction type tool bar used. I have $125 total in both of my toolbars.

What are you needing a toolbar for? If you're main function is to chop off thicket/brush maybe a Piranha is better. For all other things I don't think so.

The size of the tractor is also a factor, I guess. I've never seen a Piranha on a 60HP tractor, and never seen one on a job site.

Attachments

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
More or less I need the toothbar for digging, my welded in cutting edges is getting a little worn and I don't want to beat up my bucket too much, in the spring I plan on getting gravel delivered and re doing my driveway but worse case scenario I can remove the tooth bar for spreading/dragging the gravel, do you guys think this toothbar will fit my bx25d bucket, I certainly don't want to buy it and be stuck with the wrong one. Also I have the titan forks too and I like that it looks with this toothbar I wouldn't need to remove it for use.

- Jake

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
I think the Piranha will do a much better job of protecting the cutting edge. A conventional toothbar still exposes most of the edge.

Bruce

pinstripefan90

Equipment
Sep 8, 2017
New York
I love titan products & have several....

That said: their toothbar was not as highly recommended as the piranha... & that is a beast of a thing so far.
So, do you have the titan style or the piranha?

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
The piranha is great for cutting into wood chips, plus it increases the bucket capacity a bit. D2Cat is right about price, availability used, and other applications. A standard tooth bar will cut into dirt, and has replaceable teeth. My bucket edge was pretty worn, I like the way the piranha protects the bucket edge.

Attachments

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
So, do you have the titan style or the piranha?
i have the piranha toothbar & havent even got good with it yet. VERY impressive. got a thread here we are kicking around about it.

as to stuff by titan: i have their FORKS, BUSH HOG, BLADE & WOOD CHIPPER... all very good for the money & work perfectly.

gcmiller

Equipment
B2910, LA402 FEL, Caroni TC-910 91" finish mower, RTV900
Mar 13, 2017
Raleigh, NC
One issue I didn't see anyone else bring up, and may or may not be important to you, is that the Titan tooth bar is 48" and the Piranha is custom built to the nearest 1/4".

pinstripefan90

Equipment
Sep 8, 2017
New York
One issue I didn't see anyone else bring up, and may or may not be important to you, is that the Titan tooth bar is 48" and the Piranha is custom built to the nearest 1/4".
Yes, I did notice that and it is a big concern, if it is close I most likely can make it fit but if it is way off I may be in trouble, I emailed titan and they said if it does not fit I can return it within 30 days so I'm ordering it and keeping my fingers crossed, one I see it i will need to decide if it is something that I can make fit or not, thanks everyone for your input and I will let you know how I make out once it arrives.

- Jake

DMatt9

Oct 2, 2017
Memphis, TN United States
So, I was pretty set on buying the piranha toothbar for my 2014 bx25d but I have shopping around and I came across this titan, https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LXL2KB4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508557886&sr=8-2-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=tooth+bar&psc=1
I'm wondering if anyone has bought or used this and if you think this should fit the bucket of my bx25d, thanks in advance

- Jake

I'm a fan of Titan an I think you'll be satisfied with their product. Titan will help you determine a fit if you submit a photo and description to info@palletforks.com

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I haven't bought either yet....but what I plan on doing is getting the Piranha first....and if that doesn't make me happy buy a ratchet rake. I can see both being useful for different things. I'm not sure that a tooth bar would be as versatile as either of them.
But of course it depends on what you want to do with them. Personally I would like the ratchet rake for back dragging the gravel driveway and small brush removal while the Piranha seems to have it covered when digging and uprooting small trees. Apples and oranges.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I have both - well had both. The Toothbar is staying. The only time I would ever remove it is to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinstripefan90

Equipment
Sep 8, 2017
New York
Well, the toothbar came, it looks very nice and well built but it does not fit, it measures 47 1/4" and unless I cut it apart and weld it back together there is no way I can make it fit, so I have sent it back to titan and I ordered the piranha.

- Jake

pinstripefan90

Equipment
Sep 8, 2017
New York
Well I got the new Piranha yesterday and installed it, it looks nice, I just haven't had the chance to play around with it yet, here it is.

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I put my PTB to work Friday. I was cutting back our roads at the camp in an area we haven't cut in two years. There are a lot of 2-3" sweet gum and other trees that have growth up on the edges of the roads. They were too big to cut with my rotatory cutter so I lowered my PTB about 3-4" off the ground and pushed them over. Many came up by the roots. It worked a lot better than a chainsaw.