BX25 No rear drive?

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
I recall someone having a similar issue...
It turned out to be that the rear wheels were spinning inside the tires. Increasing the tire pressure somewhat solved the issue. Yeah, sounds strange !
To the OP... when you're experiencing the problem, just lean over the sides to look at the wheels and tires...

Pete
Pete, my hat off to ya... What a great call. When I first read your post I thought that just couldn't happen. Thanks for posting!

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
Hey, you're welcome. That's why we share our experiences on this forum, to help each other out.

On my BX24 last year when I went to check the rear tire pressure, trying to unscrew the valve cap, the whole valve stem was turning in the wheel... had new valve stems put in at a tire shop, the guy there told me they were really cheap valve stems, the rubber was hard.

Pete

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
On level ground the front wheels alone might be doing the moving for you, but without traction enough for climbing a hill. I also think an internal linkage is broken or has slipped.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
On level ground the front wheels alone might be doing the moving for you, but without traction enough for climbing a hill. I also think an internal linkage is broken or has slipped.
You must have missed post #15 - rim(s) were spinning in tire.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
You must have missed post #15 - rim(s) were spinning in tire.
Actually I wrote the post and fell asleep before posting. When I woke up I posted it...
Now you all have me worried about beet juice eating my tubes/tires.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Actually I wrote the post and fell asleep before posting. When I woke up I posted it...
Now you all have me worried about beet juice eating my tubes/tires.
Beet juice is the safe stuff. It is a natural ballast that does not cause any harm. In some northern areas they use it as de-icer for the roads. :)

Calcium Chloride is the nasty stuff. If you break a bead and it spills according to the U.S. EPA it I now an HazMat spill. It will do nasty stuff to your rims and tires. Take a look at cars where it is used as de-icer. :mad:

Bensley

Equipment
BX25 4 in 1 bucket, Backho, Slasher
Nov 17, 2017
Warburton, Victoria , Australia
Hi all,
I have had similar problem when suddenly no power in reverse.
Looked it up and saw all sort of pull apart and major adjustments to hydraulics and gear box.
Well it turned out that the nut on the end of the rod attached to the pedal has come off.
The movements of the lever had no pull power to move it in the transmission as it was moving on its on spot and not pushing or pulling anything,
There is a pivoting point in this assembly that has been worn out and poped off.
I temporarily put a cable tie to get out of that pickle and ordered a new part the part is K1122-42080 ROD END,5/16-24UNF. AUS$18-00
]The damaged part:
20171118_171546.jpg

The new part:
20171115_152348.jpg

All is good now same forward as reverse no transmission work required.
Just got to make sure it is firm and not loosing that nut again.
Cheers,
Ben

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota b1750,60" mm,48" argo trend snowblower,5' grader blade
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
interesting read. Shows both the value of collective experience,and of reading all the clues, and covering all the bases before cracking anything open,Brovo!

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Just saw this same problem on a Kubota FB page. Turns out when the guy had his tires filled with beet juice, the dealer (or whomever did it) took the tires off, laid'em down, broke the bead, and poured the beet juice in instead of filling the tires through the valve stem.

klaasic

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 8, 2019
Emsdale, Ontario
Hi all,
I have had similar problem when suddenly no power in reverse.
Looked it up and saw all sort of pull apart and major adjustments to hydraulics and gear box.
Well it turned out that the nut on the end of the rod attached to the pedal has come off.
The movements of the lever had no pull power to move it in the transmission as it was moving on its on spot and not pushing or pulling anything,
There is a pivoting point in this assembly that has been worn out and poped off.
I temporarily put a cable tie to get out of that pickle and ordered a new part the part is K1122-42080 ROD END,5/16-24UNF. AUS$18-00
]The damaged part:
View attachment 32720

The new part:
View attachment 32721

All is good now same forward as reverse no transmission work required.
Just got to make sure it is firm and not loosing that nut again.
Cheers,
Ben
Thanks Bensley for this post, reading through this thread and finding your post lead me to the problem that I was having with my B23S. The nut fell off, but the ball joint is still fine. My tractor only has about 110 hours on it, so I didn't think that it was going to be a major problem.

Anyway Thanks again!