B6000’s tiller attachment (S850) fit a BX series

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
I came across a rototiller attachment today that came off of a Kubota B6000 Tractor. From the pictures is almost looks like it is a 3 point hitch setup, but the pto looks different.. does anyone know if this tiller will fit a BX series? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Servmgr64

Equipment
Kubota Grand L3010HST, BX2350 various implements
Jan 6, 2016
Poweshiek county Ia
It will probably mount ok, but I would bet the PTO turns in the opposite direction. I would check which way it rotates before I bought it.

slkidder

Equipment
Kubota B6100, Bolens G152
Oct 4, 2021
New Hampshire
I just got a K42 tiller for my Kubota B6100 and after getting a PTO shaft for it, I put it on only to find that it was running in reverse. So I took off the gear box that the PTO shaft goes into, and after draining the gear oil started taking it apart. I figured that if you switched the bull gear inside from the left side to the right side of the pinion gear it would turn the right way. We had to mill a new keyway in the cross shaft and inorder for the bull gear to fit in the housing and mesh correctly with the pinion we used a lathe and took 0.220" off the back of the gear. It is case hardened steel but it's only about 0.030" thick so once you get through it, the rest is ok. We used a 899 carbide cutter and the chips came off yellow hot. Don't bother with oil, it will just make smoke. Go slow and it will cut. There is a spacer pipe that goes over the cross shaft and we had to make a additional spacer that was 0.220" thick to take up any movement of the gear, it shouldn't pressure the spacer as the angle of the gear should put the force going the other way, but this way it won't rattle. Once we put everything back together it works like a charm on a standard CW PTO. Just thought I'd let everyone know it's not too hard to make these tillers usable for other tractors.

Reactions: 1 user