B2650 oil change

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
Had a real head scratcher today while changing oil in my B2650. Picked up a jug of Shell Rotella T6 at Wallyworld, as Im switching it over to synthetic from the Kubota 10w-30. I use Mobil1 in all my gas vehicles and the 5 qt jug is usually just about right for my needs. As I was refilling tractor, I noticed that most of the jug of T6 was in, but barely registering on the dipstick...I kept adding, started tractor and let run, then stop and waited. After emptying the jug, I was just below the halfway mark on dipstick..I am getting really confused, because the WSM calls for 4.2 US qts, and I have already added 5. After I came back in house and thought about it for awhile, imagine my surprise when I went out and checked the Shell Rotella jug....only 4 qts!!! DUH!!!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
hell,

dont feel bad .... I too use the Mobil-1 synthetic in all my cars/trucks....and I too have bought the Rotella T-6, and I am looking the prices as I stand in the isle of wally-world, asking myself, how is IT that the Diesel oil is CHEAPER than the car/truck oil, you would think it would be higher.....thought.....thought..........then it TOO hit me - aint but 80% of the oil in the jug of the Mobile-1!!!!!

Sad thing is - you get a tractor that likes 4.2 quarts .....so you buy 2 gallons! About the 4th oil change and it starts to come out just about right!:D:)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mikey - since I use same stuff, I was onto it right away.

I’m much smarter than you, right?

As a teenager, could change oil in my Datsun pickup in 10 minutes. Imagine my surprise when I dumped oil quickly into my truck and nothing on stick....

didn’t put the plug back in.........:mad::rolleyes:

Made a hell of a mess on our stone driveway![emoji31] My father was mad!!!:mad:

If anyone says they’ve never done something like that before, it’s because they don’t do anything, or they’re lying!!!![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: