L 3301 Lost Dipstick

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
I checked my hyd fluid last Dec and I am sure there was a dip stick on my hyd fill plug. I checked it today and no dip stick. I had a seal leaking hyd fluid and posted about it the other day. Now I added fluid today and used it all afternoon and my leak is gone. I don't know what is going on but I am going to check that bolt with the valve in it tomorrow and see if it is stuck. The plastic dipstick must have broken off and fell in the trans

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Dipstick's gone, leak is gone -- are you sure you're driving the same tractor? Maybe the gypsies have yours... :p

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I checked my hyd fluid last Dec and I am sure there was a dip stick on my hyd fill plug. I checked it today and no dip stick. I had a seal leaking hyd fluid and posted about it the other day. Now I added fluid today and used it all afternoon and my leak is gone. I don't know what is going on but I am going to check that bolt with the valve in it tomorrow and see if it is stuck. The plastic dipstick must have broken off and fell in the trans
No dipstick on a L3301 hyd system! There is a sight glass by your left foot.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was going to say, you know there is a joke in there somewhere about losing a dipstick you never had in the first place. :p

But then I looked it up, there is one, I thought there was a sight glass too, P/N TC620-21160 . :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I was going to say, you know there is a joke in there somewhere about losing a dipstick you never had in the first place. :p

But then I looked it up, there is one, P/N TC620-21160 . :cool:

I've never seen an L3301 with a dipstick but then we never sold any that weren't HST so I guess I shouldn't say never!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've never seen an L3301 with a dipstick but then we never sold any that weren't HST so I guess I shouldn't say never!
Just for FYI sakes the DT's have dipsticks too. ;)

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
Well I stand corrected then! Sorry about that. :( That's twice now and both times a L3301! I guess I'd better quit.
Ever had a HIA moment. Idid today I have a dip stick on the tunnel that I checked and under the orange fill cap on the back. I found another piece of plastic and going by memory it use to be about 4 inches long. After you post I got to thinking that this could not be a dip stick as it is to high. I went out and removed the fill cap and what was under it I think was suppose to have been removed as it looks like something that was left over from the mold. the short piece that was left up tight to the cap was real thin and broke off with very little pressure. Now I may have a piece of plastic in my trans. I am wondering if this may have caused the seal to leak. A seal just don't stop leaking for no reason but I have seen them leak and then stop if something gets under them. I have one on my skid steer that does that and I have a rebuild kit for it but as long as it stops I am not going to touch it. Yes there is no sight glass just a dip stick and now there is another one in the seat

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Just for informational purposes, probably has nothing to do with the OPs issue. I have seen the vent tube get plugged with mud bug next, spiders, whatever...and the trans will build up some pressure with the vent being plugged, enough to cause weird stuff to happen like pop the dipstick out and/or pto seal leak.

Just thought it worthwhile to pass that along....