L355SS hydraulic help

Symfab

Equipment
L355SS
Mar 17, 2019
Guerneville CA
Hi All
I am new to this site and pretty new to fixing tractors. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I just picked up a L355SS it runs great transmission was completely rebuilt. The only issue is the hydraulic system is not working very good. The bucket is very slow to raise and tilt even at higher rpm. I am very unfamiliar with diagnosing hydraulic systems. There is fluid. The main filter is newer. No leaks. All the easy things are figured out. I did order a pressure tester but cannot find a spec. I assume it is a pump but don’t want to throw parts at it. The power steering works great and from what I gathered it is a combo pump. Thank you very much for any advice.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is the loader running off the Tractor hydraulics or a pump on the front of the motor?

And if the Tractor hydraulics where and how is it hooked up?

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Since the transmission was just rebuilt, I'm going to ask a stupid question - what kind of fluid was put in?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Since the transmission was just rebuilt, I'm going to ask a stupid question - what kind of fluid was put in?
Would really matter as his Loader (where the issue is) is run off a seperate supply and pump than the transmission. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It is run off a pump on the front of the motor. The fluid is moving. Thank you very much for your reply b
If your having problems with speed or performance on the loader.

You might have several issues that could be affecting it:

Plugged intake screen filter (or spin on filter if equipped), that screen will be on the suction fitting on the bottom of the tank.

Water contaminated fluid.

Maladjusted or malfunctioning pressure relief valve.

Collapsing suction hose.

Damaged Spool valve.

Damaged cylinder seals.

I would start with a fluid and filter change and cleaning, then do a pressure test.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I ask because although it is a different pump, I have seen a setup with the auxiliary pump using the same fluid reservoir.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Hi All
I am new to this site and pretty new to fixing tractors. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I just picked up a L355SS it runs great transmission was completely rebuilt. The only issue is the hydraulic system is not working very good. The bucket is very slow to raise and tilt even at higher rpm. I am very unfamiliar with diagnosing hydraulic systems. There is fluid. The main filter is newer. No leaks. All the easy things are figured out. I did order a pressure tester but cannot find a spec. I assume it is a pump but don***8217;t want to throw parts at it. The power steering works great and from what I gathered it is a combo pump. Thank you very much for any advice.
I've had three tractors of that style. One of them uses the front-mounted pump and side tank the 1720 loader - which is separate from the tractor's 3-point and power steering systems.

Check all the outside plumbing for flow restrictions, clogged filter, etc. Is the loader valve original? Is the oil clean? Maybe post a few pictures showing the hoses & connections, valve etc. . Dick B.

Last edited: