Mower Decisions

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
I would not get gator blades for the b2650 UNLESS you get the proper mulching baffles from kubota for the deck.
I had a bx2370 with just the gator blades (no mulching kit for deck) and i could not of been happier with how they worked. It was a big improvement over the oem stock blades. With that being said, I ordered a set of gator blades before i even picked up my b2650. I installed them the day i got the b2650 and took them off after the second mow and put the oem stock blades back on. For some reason the b2650 did not mow nice with them gator blades. They blew a very narrow clumpy windrow on every pass. The stock blades preform excellent on the b2650 and discharge the clippings extremely evenly.
Interesting, wasn't expecting that. I guess if I go that route, I'll start with stock and see how it works out before adding/changing anything.

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
So I've been doing other yard cleanup work, and I continue my research for mowers. Today I came across the following video as I looked into yard improvement, leveling, etc. This is the first time I've ever seen a Walker mower.

Starts at 5:03 was my first glimpse at one and that bagger/dump process caught my eye

https://youtu.be/8LFI_lm6sEI?t=303

I looked into these more from the same YouTuber and came across this video where he explains his mower and does a leaf cleanup in the fall with it. He has the Walker T25i

https://youtu.be/FFkppaSxoUo?t=60

From what I've read so far, they offer great lawn cutting, bagging, leaf cleanup, and deck cleaning/maintenance access is as easy as it gets. The cons are clumbing/clogging in wet grass.

You can see the deck access capability here, simply flip it up.

https://youtu.be/-9BnG9XxRac?t=488

Pretty cool stuff, but admittedly I know nothing about these mowers. Generally what I've read thus far is they seem pretty well likely. They also have implements, but I'd never use any of those over my B2650.

One other consideration with the B2650 is if I ever wanted to get a bagger for it, I think it's limited to the 60" MMM (and have to deal with putting it on and taking it off which @SDT has said in another topic it's kinda a pain, enough where he doesn't use it anymore).

Anyway, just thought I'd add to the convo in case others come across it and run into similar questions and research :)

Just some food for thought, I haven't made a decision yet, but still reading/watching as much as I can so I can make a good decision.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
If the landscapers are tearing up the yard, fire them and hire some that can actually operate a lawn machine!

ZTR's are not all the same...there are little differences that make HUGE differences. For instance, any Hustler will cut grass and do a fine job, but a Z400 series Kubota will cut the same grass with the same cut quality, BUT it's lower center of gravity and larger tires make it turn a LOT better, with less (zero if an operator knows how to use it) tearing during turns.

It's a crying shame that the old G1900's weren't still made. They cut as well as a new ZTR, and the 4 wheel steering versions will almost cut a zero turn radius. Just did my yard this evening and knocked out exactly 1 acre in 36 minutes, with plenty of obstacles to mow around. It is a fun mower to use, and runs all season on a tank of fuel.

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
If the landscapers are tearing up the yard, fire them and hire some that can actually operate a lawn machine!
I have! Been through 4 already in 4 seasons! All of them do it unfortunately, and I've brought it up with all of them each time. So done with that aggravation and am on the path to just do it myself. The old saying holds true, "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself"