L4200 Glow plug light problems

thomas.lindgren

Mar 3, 2019
Sweden
Hello.

I haven an L4200 1996. Sometimes the glow plug light won't come on. I live in sweden and we have cold weather al the time.. I think it could be a bad connection to the controller somewhere. Does someone have the WSM. The stop solenoid has also started to stop working. Are they connected? does the controller give an signal to the stop solenoid?

I have tested the relay and lamp.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I emailed you twice for WSM downloads.
The first one was an old incomplete copy, the second new version is a better copy.

Sounds like you might have either a bad ignition switch or bad connections, and those connections could included ground connections.

The Key stop timer, Glow relay and Glow controller all share the same Power feed and the same ground connection, so a feed issue with one will follow the others.

Last edited:

thomas.lindgren

Mar 3, 2019
Sweden
I emailed you twice for WSM downloads.
The first one was an old incomplete copy, the second new version is a better copy.

Sounds like you might have either a bad ignition switch or bad connections, and those connections could included ground connections.

The Key stop timer, Glow relay and Glow controller all share the same Power feed and the same ground connection, so a feed issue with one will follow the others.
Thank you, you are the best !!

I will check the ground connections tomorrow.

//Thomas

Firefighterontheside

Equipment
1997 Kubota L4200
May 24, 2018
DeSoto Mo USA
Interesting info here. My glow plugs have not worked since I got my L4200. This winter the tractor will not shut down with the key off and on. I need to get both fixed. I’m gonna start with replacing the glow plug controller.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Interesting info here. My glow plugs have not worked since I got my L4200. This winter the tractor will not shut down with the key off and on. I need to get both fixed. I’m gonna start with replacing the glow plug controller.
You should start with checking wire connections, ground connection included. ;)

Use a simple test light, first clip wire to good ground (negative) and check hots, then clip wire to Hot (positive) then chek grounds.

thomas.lindgren

Mar 3, 2019
Sweden
You can check the stop solenoid.If it doesn't work the L4200 won't stopp when you turn the key.

thomas.lindgren

Mar 3, 2019
Sweden
You should start with checking wire connections, ground connection included. ;)

Use a simple test light, first clip wire to good ground (negative) and check hots, then clip wire to Hot (positive) then chek grounds.
I will do that this weekend, I will report back if I find the problem. Thanks for the help.

//Thomas