New member of the family

CrashmanS

Equipment
BX25
Aug 2, 2014
Buckhannon WV
I had a Toro 52" timecutterz I bought new in 2001. It definitely has been a great mower for our 4 acres, but last year everytime I mowed something fell off. And it was important stuff!
I just took delivery of a brand-new z421 60. I hope it will last for a very long time with proper maintenance. It is a little early for grass cutting but I'll be ready. As a matter of fact it snowed a little last night.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Congratulations! When are you going to pass out cigars?:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wow - that's sweet!

Looks like your Toro did it's job for a long time.

You obviously have a BX Kubota already. With proper care, your ZT should last a long time also.

I just saw a Kubota ZT in person last fall for the first time. Don't recall model, etc., but it looked like a stout machine.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

CrashmanS

Equipment
BX25
Aug 2, 2014
Buckhannon WV
Wow - that's sweet!

Looks like your Toro did it's job for a long time.

You obviously have a BX Kubota already. With proper care, your ZT should last a long time also.

I just saw a Kubota ZT in person last fall for the first time. Don't recall model, etc., but it looked like a stout machine.

Enjoy!
That Toro has served us well till the very end. But I wanted a more serviceable mower. The hydrostats had to be removed from the machine to change the fluid. Now I can change the fluid from below and fill from above, plus it has a filter. This is twice the machine the Toro was.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Looks fantastic, congrats! I see it has a grass catcher as well is it powered or just air flow from mowing deck?

CrashmanS

Equipment
BX25
Aug 2, 2014
Buckhannon WV
Looks fantastic, congrats! I see it has a grass catcher as well is it powered or just air flow from mowing deck?
Off the deck. They installed different blades. I assume to provide better lift. But I will mostly use it without the catcher. Only when it needs to be raked or for leaves will I use it. It comes off very easily with no tools.

Talenel

Equipment
B2601HST
Dec 10, 2018
Staples, MN
My Cub Cadet had high lift blades on it. I finally broke down and got regular ones because the high lifters were so loud.

Why it came from factory with high lifts is beyond me, it didn't come with a bagger and I wouldn't use it anyway if it had.

CrashmanS

Equipment
BX25
Aug 2, 2014
Buckhannon WV
My Cub Cadet had high lift blades on it. I finally broke down and got regular ones because the high lifters were so loud.

Why it came from factory with high lifts is beyond me, it didn't come with a bagger and I wouldn't use it anyway if it had.
I got the regular blades back with mine. So I could install them if I have to. We shall see when grass cutting season gets here.

CrashmanS

Equipment
BX25
Aug 2, 2014
Buckhannon WV
Very nice. How start a project to convert that Toro into a racing go cart!
That thing doesn't have enough left in it for that! I don't get anything new until something is worn completely out. I m giving it away to someone. Can't even bring myself to sell it.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Congrats, nice rig..
Still snow on ground here, Cutting Season is Coming

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower