FDR 1672 Replacement Tires

BigBuckRd

Mar 16, 2019
Milton, Florida, Santa Rosa
Can anyone suggest replacement tires for a FDR1672 Finish Mower. Dealer is over $50.00 per tire. Implement is one year old and the tire Center Bushing/Bearing wobbles on the shaft of all four tires. Currently has solid tires, but thinking of switching to air filled. Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ebay and Amazon have a lot of those, just get your dimensions and go shopping.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Can anyone suggest replacement tires for a FDR1672 Finish Mower. Dealer is over $50.00 per tire. Implement is one year old and the tire Center Bushing/Bearing wobbles on the shaft of all four tires. Currently has solid tires, but thinking of switching to air filled. Thanks.
I am really curious how your bearings are worn out in a year. There are grease fittings on them to keep them lubed. Should not be worn out in a year. I bought my FDR 1672 used and has solid tires. I replaced the center bearings in all 4 wheels. Have kept them greased and are still like new after 4yrs. Personally, I would never change my solid tires for air tires. The solid tires work great and never have to worry about flats.

BigBuckRd

Mar 16, 2019
Milton, Florida, Santa Rosa
I Grease the wheels regularly, with no load on the wheel, you can tilt the wheel about 1/16 of an inch. Maybe this is normal. I did not know you can change the Retaining bushing and bearing, I will try that and see if there is a difference. Thank you.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I Grease the wheels regularly, with no load on the wheel, you can tilt the wheel about 1/16 of an inch. Maybe this is normal. I did not know you can change the Retaining bushing and bearing, I will try that and see if there is a difference. Thank you.
Not sure how often regular is, but just to let you know I have found the bearings in the wheels need greased every 3-4hrs with steady mowing. Hope this helps you out.