TSC subsoiler

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
SRG the BX is a CAT 1, 3 point not a cat 0
Damn really? Limited Cat1? Either way, the lift of the 3pt is not sufficient enough to raise that particular SS off the ground.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
Ive been looking at the TSC combo for a while. Today I decided I really needed it and went to buy it. And of course, it's no longer listed on the website.

Lesson learned.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Seems you are not the first to confuse the later BX with the early models on category 1

Category 1 is very, very common and typically you're gonna see Category 1 on tractors under about 50 horsepower. The back of this B-series tractor here is a Category 1 hitch. It's gonna have five-eighths holes in it. Now, there's one caveat inside of Category 1 where you may notice some sub-compact tractors being listed as limited Category 1. Kubota's early BX series were done that way, today's are full Category 1, there's some other competitive sub-compact tractors that are limited Category 1. And, what that limited part is telling you is that because the hitch is low to the ground, it may not be able to lift as high or open as wide as a full Category 1 hitch. So you can find some Category 1 implements that are not gonna work properly on a limited Category 1 tractor.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
I purchased a similar sized sub-soiler by accident from a different vendor my tractor would barely clear the ground unless I had the top link adjusted to tilt the top way forward. The accident part of the purchase was I paid for a middle buster/potato plow but they loaded the sub-soiler in error.

I ended up with the middle buster from TSC and it clears with no issue. I believe the attachment point for the plow of the middle buster is at a different angle than a sub-soiler so if you really are looking for a sub-soiler you would likely be better served with the shorter version of the proper implement. I use my MB to dig potatoes and if adjusted at the right angle it will dig down until the 3PH arms are almost on the ground, which is too deep for rolling taters out...

I also seem to recall that some of the lighter duty SSs have a shear bolt to protect the tractor side from getting damaged.

RockPileGardener

Equipment
BX2380, loader, snowblower, mowing deck, bagger
Mar 13, 2019
Canton, CT
Interesting chart on HeavyHitch. According to the pin size, my BX2380 has a Cat 1 3 point hitch. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but it looks like the pins aren't the defining feature of 3 point hitches.

I'm going to return the TSC subsoiler but not sure which route to take. I was thinking of getting the smaller one with changeable blades. But now I'm thinking more about getting the hitch style. I'd have to get a 2" hitch receiver to mount it to, but then I'd have more flexibility.

DC

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I hooked up my middle buster with my homemade chisel attachment today.

The chisel is made from re-purposed manure spreader chain paddles. Took a couple designs/repairs, so there is quite a bit of welder wire in it. [emoji12]

I’ll be doing a couple of the water interception cuts like ‘Cat mentioned earlier. Works great for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: