2 Machine Purchase- What would you do?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I love my little Kubota, but in your case, Bobcat wins hands down.
Unfortunately for me, the only Kubota dealers in the state are also the only Bobcat dealers in the state, and they suck.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I was in the market for a new car and on the way to buy it when I passed a dealer that had a two year old model sitting in the front of the lot. Out of curiosity and the chance of maybe saving a few bucks I stopped in. I was wearing my ratty old Carhart jacket and blue jeans. When I asked how much I got a dance like I never got before or since. I was there literally a half hour and left without ever getting a price for the car. He kept trying to see what he could get from me.
I proceeded on my journey and bought the new car. On the way home I stopped by the dealer with the used car and found the salesman I had just dealt with. I asked him to come over to the window and pointed at my new car with the temporary tag. I then pointed at his used car and said in front of all the salesman, “If you would have given me the price of that car like I asked you for I may have bought that one instead” and left.
A couple of days later a letter shows up at the house. Where sorry about your experience at blah blah blah if we can be of service blah blah blah.

I,m glad to see that you got the brand you wanted and didn’t “settle” for something else because of bad salesmen.

Good luck with getting machine #2.

Enjoy.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I was in the market for a new car and on the way to buy it when I passed a dealer that had a two year old model sitting in the front of the lot. Out of curiosity and the chance of maybe saving a few bucks I stopped in. I was wearing my ratty old Carhart jacket and blue jeans. When I asked how much I got a dance like I never got before or since. I was there literally a half hour and left without ever getting a price for the car. He kept trying to see what he could get from me.
I proceeded on my journey and bought the new car. On the way home I stopped by the dealer with the used car and found the salesman I had just dealt with. I asked him to come over to the window and pointed at my new car with the temporary tag. I then pointed at his used car and said in front of all the salesman, “If you would have given me the price of that car like I asked you for I may have bought that one instead” and left.
A couple of days later a letter shows up at the house. Where sorry about your experience at blah blah blah if we can be of service blah blah blah.

Hahaha, well played.... well played! :cool:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
So....
We are looking at buying 2 machines. For us...2 Very expensive machines. A Compact Track Loader and Mini EX.

Kubota Does not Demo their equipment. Everyone Kubota Dealer (minds eye) is sitting back in a big leather Chair, Cigar in Hand sayin' "Son It's a Kubota, they are on every rental yard, and they are the best...Just buy it."

Meanwhile- Bobcat is sayin- "We Want your business, we are here for you before and after the sale. If you are a customer, we will give you a good deal on rental attachments. If your machine breaks we will bring you out a loaner until its fixed."

(Bobcat Then Drops off a T650 track loader on site for us to use and make money with.) "Try it as long as you want. I don't give a **** what you do with it, just give it a good demo." If you need to haul it to another job, do it."
" You want to get some lunch?"

Let me tell you something gang, our local Bobcat Dealer (who we haven't given 1 Penny to) Is going MILES above what ANY Kubota dealer would even consider. And this is coming from someone with 2 pieces of Orange Iron.
I'm conflicted. WWYD?
Sorry you have such crappy Kubota dealers in your neighborhood.

My Kubota dealer always lets me take new stuff home to try out.

Like I have always said before, a good dealer is more important than brand sometimes.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish

I,m glad to see that you got the brand you wanted and didn’t “settle” for something else because of bad salesmen.

Good luck with getting machine #2.

Enjoy.

If I am being honest, I "settled" for the Kubota. I was shocked when I tested it and it was no where near as powerful as a John Deere 325G or the Bobcat T650. Problem was they were both close to 20k More. A cost I could not justify. With that said, I will get used to this machine and work within its limitations just as i have done with my BX.
I did call RMT Equipment in Everett,WA against my better judgement. I wanted to change the oil today and replace the cutting edge. After 15 min on the phone trying to get them to understand that I wanted a Cutting Edge for a track loader identical to the 5 they have on their lot, I just hung up. I couldnt take anymore.
Bobcat appears to really want to sell hoe now. They are much more feature rich than Kubota, and frankly, Orange is starting to be very expensive for what you don't get. Reminds me of Toyota- Stark, and pricy.

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
being a field service tech for Bobcat, JD, Cat and now cranes, I can tell you one thing..... there all junk just painted different colors!!! a dealer that will go above and beyond is worth more than any brand loyalty. If it was me buying equipment, i would buy Cat hands down. Cat has such a thumb on there dealers its crazy (work for a cat dealer now), there parts and support infrastructure is the industry leader hands down. that being said Cat is wayyyyyy out of the price range for 80% of CCE customers.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
being a field service tech for Bobcat, JD, Cat and now cranes, I can tell you one thing..... there all junk just painted different colors!!! a dealer that will go above and beyond is worth more than any brand loyalty. If it was me buying equipment, i would buy Cat hands down. Cat has such a thumb on there dealers its crazy (work for a cat dealer now), there parts and support infrastructure is the industry leader hands down. that being said Cat is wayyyyyy out of the price range for 80% of CCE customers.
I do not doubt you. Cat is for the big boys that care little of weight and cost. I personally did not fancy their CTLs. The Irony is that I buy a the SVL and sure enough, right after we get done telling Bobcat we bought a Kubota, we go bid a job tonight where it is too big. So We will need to rent a smaller bobcat from them.

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
So....
We are looking at buying 2 machines. For us...2 Very expensive machines. A Compact Track Loader and Mini EX.

Kubota Does not Demo their equipment. Everyone Kubota Dealer (minds eye) is sitting back in a big leather Chair, Cigar in Hand sayin' "Son It's a Kubota, they are on every rental yard, and they are the best...Just buy it."

Meanwhile- Bobcat is sayin- "We Want your business, we are here for you before and after the sale. If you are a customer, we will give you a good deal on rental attachments. If your machine breaks we will bring you out a loaner until its fixed."

(Bobcat Then Drops off a T650 track loader on site for us to use and make money with.) "Try it as long as you want. I don't give a **** what you do with it, just give it a good demo." If you need to haul it to another job, do it."

Let me tell you something gang, our local Bobcat Dealer (who we haven't given 1 Penny to) Is going MILES above what ANY Kubota dealer would even consider. And this is coming from someone with 2 pieces of Orange Iron.
I'm conflicted. WWYD?

Sounds like you are at the wrong dealer -- I have 2 Kubota Tractors, a Kubota Mini-Ex am looking at a CTL -- dealer brought me one out to demo, no problem.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
So....

I'm conflicted. WWYD?
Beg to differ with you on that. Currently demoing a new Kubota round baler. Dealer is sweet talking me into buying it but I told him what I'd have to have for my NH450 and we haven't come eye to eye yet.

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
Like others have said, this sounds like a dealer issue. I went to two dealerships when looking to purchase my current machine and the experiences were totally different in many ways. Thankfully, I have four dealers within 90min and I found someone who would work with me. It just so happens that was the closest one which is great.