2 Machine Purchase- What would you do?

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
So....
We are looking at buying 2 machines. For us...2 Very expensive machines. A Compact Track Loader and Mini EX.

Kubota Does not Demo their equipment. Everyone Kubota Dealer (minds eye) is sitting back in a big leather Chair, Cigar in Hand sayin' "Son It's a Kubota, they are on every rental yard, and they are the best...Just buy it."

Meanwhile- Bobcat is sayin- "We Want your business, we are here for you before and after the sale. If you are a customer, we will give you a good deal on rental attachments. If your machine breaks we will bring you out a loaner until its fixed."

(Bobcat Then Drops off a T650 track loader on site for us to use and make money with.) "Try it as long as you want. I don't give a **** what you do with it, just give it a good demo." If you need to haul it to another job, do it."
" You want to get some lunch?"

Let me tell you something gang, our local Bobcat Dealer (who we haven't given 1 Penny to) Is going MILES above what ANY Kubota dealer would even consider. And this is coming from someone with 2 pieces of Orange Iron.
I'm conflicted. WWYD?

Last edited:

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
I'm afraid I'd go Bobcat. I love my L3301, but to disrespect my business would be the First AND Last straw.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Take your business to Bobcat or find a better Kubota Dealer.. No, Kubotas are not typically on every rental lot.. Kubota powered Bobcats are though.

My dealer let me demo my L2501 for a weekend at mom and dads. They had a used L3901 they were going to let me have, but obviously that is way more tractor than mine and would not be an accurate test. They let me demo my L with the understanding that I would keep the hours off. Also, some dealers (mine included) have demo areas. Gravel and dirt piles, digging areas rough terrain, etc.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Take your business to Bobcat or find a better Kubota Dealer.. No, Kubotas are not typically on every rental lot.. Kubota powered Bobcats are though.

My dealer let me demo my L2501 for a weekend at mom and dads. They had a used L3901 they were going to let me have, but obviously that is way more tractor than mine and would not be an accurate test. They let me demo my L with the understanding that I would keep the hours off. Also, some dealers (mine included) have demo areas. Gravel and dirt piles, digging areas rough terrain, etc.
The best I can get in my Local Area is to drive it around the parking lot. And that is with an 80mile drive.

$120,000 worth of Machines, and drive it around the parking lot? Even John Deere is bringing out a CTL this weekend. I am dumb founded by Kubota arrogance. I truly am.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
How did ya post this 3 times in the same spot?
Computer issues?:p

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Seems like an easy decision to me. There is no reason to be brand biased in today's world, otherwise you miss out on stuff like this.

Post pix of your white equipment. :)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Interesting. My dealer demo'd both the M's I bought here at the farm. In fact, I had the 105 for 30 days before I decided to buy it.

Flienlow

Equipment
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Interesting. My dealer demo'd both the M's I bought here at the farm. In fact, I had the 105 for 30 days before I decided to buy it.
Maybe not quite 30 days, but that how it should be no?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Maybe not quite 30 days, but that how it should be no?
Very common around here actually. I also demo'd my NH net / twine round baler 2 years ago before I bought it and I ran 50 rounds through it. They even gave me a new roll of over the edge net to use and that is about 300 bucks retail.

Think I'd check out another dealer or go Bobcat.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
How did ya post this 3 times in the same spot?
Computer issues?:p

I haven't said anything but I too am having ongoing issues with this site as far as posting lately. Had a couple double and triple posts but went back and deleted them.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So....
We are looking at buying 2 machine. For us...2 Very expensive machines. A Compact Track Loader and Mini EX.

Kubota Does not Demo their equipment. Everyone Kubota Dealer (minds eye) is sitting back in a big leather Chair, Cigar in Hand sayin' "Son It's a Kubota, they are on every rental yard, and they are the best...Just buy it."

Meanwhile- Bobcat is sayin- "We Want your business, we are here for you before and after the sale. If you are a customer, we will give you a good deal on rental attachments. If your machine breaks we will bring you out a loaner until its fixed."

(Bobcat Then Drops off T650 track loader on site for us to use and make money with.) "Try it as long as you want. I don't give a **** what you do with it, just give it a good demo." If you need to haul it to another job, do it."

Let me tell you something gang, our local Bobcat Dealer (who we haven't given 1 Penny to) Is going MILES above what ANY Kubota dealer would even consider. And this is coming from someone with 2 pieces of Orange Iron.
I'm conflicted. WWYD?
I personally would consider bobcat...But a few things that don't work for me here.

The one dealer that is somewhat close is also the kubota dealer, and my experiences with them are lackluster, to say the least.
That dealer overprices everything, sales and parts are ~15% higher than I can get them online, and they never have anything in stock.
Bobcat has gone away from Kubota diesel engines, which I've always thought was a great power plant, and when with an inhouse brand of engine.
Parts for bobcats can be hard to get, and take time to get, you are pretty much required to buy everything from a dealer.

Bobcat has a big name and have done very well over the years so I don't think it's a bad choice to consider.

Flienlow

Equipment
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I personally would consider bobcat...But a few things that don't work for me here.

The one dealer that is somewhat close is also the kubota dealer, and my experiences with them are lackluster, to say the least.
That dealer overprices everything, sales and parts are ~15% higher than I can get them online, and they never have anything in stock.
Bobcat has gone away from Kubota diesel engines, which I've always thought was a great power plant, and when with an inhouse brand of engine.
Parts for bobcats can be hard to get, and take time to get, you are pretty much required to buy everything from a dealer.

Bobcat has a big name and have done very well over the years so I don't think it's a bad choice to consider.

Our local Kubota Dealer retired and sold out to RMT equipment. I have absolutely nothing good to say about them and will leave it at that. My next closest Kubota dealer is an hour away.
What I feel as very poor local dealer support, distant remote dealers, Complete disregard by Kubota Corporate (on a few Matters) which left me feeling like they simply do not care about their customers, and what I also feel as complete arrogance by most Orange Dealers in general has really left a bad taste in my mouth on Kubota.
Please... This isn't a situation where I feel I should be begged or supplicated. I am not looking to have my butt kissed. I guess that I am kind of shocked when we seriously look at equipment, and these guy give the " whatever" treatment. My partner feels the exact same way and is pretty set on White Iron. I cant blame him after they way they have stepped up and gone out of their way. A Kubota dealer told me they have to do that to peddle their products. To that I say… IF and when my Kubota Breaks down. The Kubota Dealer is going to say…..”I’m sorry your parts are 3 days out.” They sure as heck won’t bring out a loaner either. Furthermore, buying the Machines will be a financial burden. There will be little in the way of excess for Grapple buckets, forks, mowers, and Graders. ALL of which are sitting in the Bobcat yard. Oh Sure, a Kubota Dealer will be happy to sell you a Landpride attachment, but I doubt it will be in stock, they will not have one to rent, and sure as heck give you a deal on it.

Is Doosan a better motor? Probably not. Is a T650 better than an SVL75? I dont know. Never operated a SVL75. The T650 has a few glitches I would need to get used to (front door) but its a beast.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Bobcat are working hard for your business. You can only compare what you've driven, if your dealer doesn't want to give you a chance to compare, then they don't want your business. Simple really.

I wouldn't say that means all Kubota dealers are that way, mine certainly isn't. But you can only work with what you've got. If the Bobcat does what you want at a good price, and the dealer's giving you good service, buy it.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Seems to me that you are trying to blame Kubota for a dealership problem. Dealers choose wether they want to make the sale and make the customer happy by getting a fair chance to try it out. I highly doubt that Kubota is telling it’s dealers to buy leather chairs smoke cigars and ignore the customers. I know that the dealers around here don’t have that philosophy. Every brand out there has crappy dealers and stellar dealers. Usually over time, the crappy dealers weed themselves out. If you are in business, then going with a piece of equipment that will serve you well, and has good dealer support is a must.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
So....
We are looking at buying 2 machine. For us...2 Very expensive machines. A Compact Track Loader and Mini EX.

(Bobcat Then Drops off T650 track loader on site for us to use and make money with.) "Try it as long as you want. I don't give a **** what you do with it, just give it a good demo." If you need to haul it to another job, do it."

I'm conflicted. WWYD?
You need a new dealer.

Most dealers will allow a prospective customer to "demo" a piece of equipment, though the definition of "demo" will vary.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Seems to me that you are trying to blame Kubota for a dealership problem. Dealers choose wether they want to make the sale and make the customer happy by getting a fair chance to try it out. I highly doubt that Kubota is telling it’s dealers to buy leather chairs smoke cigars and ignore the customers. I know that the dealers around here don’t have that philosophy. Every brand out there has crappy dealers and stellar dealers. Usually over time, the crappy dealers weed themselves out. If you are in business, then going with a piece of equipment that will serve you well, and has good dealer support is a must.
I 100% blame Kubota for having crappy dealers serving their customers... Who else is there to blame?

A crappy dealer is a 100% bad reflection on the parent company, and kubota should take note of complaints and remove dealers that don't deal well!

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Find a better Kubota Dealer or go with Bobcat. My Kubota Dealer was happy to let me Demo machines. They even had rental Mini Ex and CTLs that they would let me use and reduce the cost of rental. This is your dealer’s problem, not a Kubota problem.

Talenel

Equipment
B2601HST
Dec 10, 2018
Staples, MN
A lot of Bobcat dealers do rentals which makes it very easy to let people demo and supply a loaner.

I honestly don't know many Kubota dealers, but the one I bought my B2601 from doesn't rent.

jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
Bobcat,they will be there when you need them. Orange is probably better overall but if it’s sitting on a job broken down and they won’t help, it ain’t worth much..

huntfishquest.com