I Love A Happy Ending...

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Seeing that most of us love to use our machines and take good care of them to make them last longer, I am always heartened by a story where somebody takes a chance on a sorely neglected basket case and restores it to working shape. It restores my faith in humanity that some of you guys have done amazing tractor restorations on machines that were trashed and neglected.

Here's a great story I found about a guy who took a $1400 chance on a boat with grass growing on it in Florida. What a great result after only a couple days of hard work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GunsIwtw9m4

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not a boat person but 'd say the motor is worth 1400 bucks. Nice boat.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Had to skip ahead after a while to make sure it floated. I think I would have tried to find that out first, before all the scrubbing ... :p

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
LOL... My thoughts exactly. Boy, did it ever float! If a boat could smile...

Not a boat person myself but, for that price and result, I might change my mind! I guess this story resonated with me because my L-3800 was so "mashed" with barely over 100 hours on it. Everyone that had looked at it before me laughed and walked away. It was on CraigsList for almost two months and had fallen off about a month before I went to see it. The guy had almost given up. A year-old Kubota has to be in pretty bad shape to be for sale for three months without finding a buyer. I kinda felt sorry for it and decided to restore it. Glad I did.

Yeah, the Mercury motor, though old, was in pristine shape underneath that faded cover. Just hope parts are still available for it in the future. I worry about the same issue with parts for my pre-EPA Kubota.

(Picked up a sub-soiler from TS and did some trenching yesterday that would have taken all day without the implement and tractor. Still took five hours. Putting footing trenches in for some pavers on my driveway. How do you do stuff without a tractor?)

Last edited: