Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Re: 43 years ago it ended

The Vietnam War ended 43 years ago today . Welcome home my brothers and sisters, and those that didnt come home, God Bless
I'm a little late, but I'm with ya my friend, God bless you all.

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Re: 43 years ago it ended

I was to young at that time, but thank you to those that went and came back. And when we went to DC my family paid respects at the Wall.

OldMasterTech

Equipment
KX057-4, KX121-3, L4630GST, RTV1100, AT60, T1700, T1560, 555E
Mar 28, 2011
Massachusetts
Recently the 50th anniversary of the siege of Khe Sanh was observed. Seems like yesterday my Dad was sending home letters as he was headed there.
He survived the siege but was severely wounded just before the end and spent months on the USS Repose.

For many who came home "end" anniversaries are observed but for them it has never ended.

Welcome home and May God grant you peace.

For those who gave all we miss you and will honor your sacrifice eternally.

Semper Fidelis

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
Just last week I found myself watching a hour long program on youtube, where a former Vietnam POW described his incarceration in detail...from capture to treatment to release. How those men survived and then came home to lead productive lives, is beyond me. Truly astounding.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
March 29th is National Vietnam War Veteran's Day! I will put my flag out for the summer on that day. I was in the Engineers serving in the delta 1969-70.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Guy I flew with years back was a butter-bar Marine flying supplies into Khe Sanh. They hauled ammo and explosives in, taking fire the whole time. They off-loaded the ammo and supplies and uploaded wounded. When they lifted off, they were taking heavy fire from VC right over the fence.

His co-pilot took rounds heading out and passed out en route. Landing at their base, Dave was telling them to get him loaded and gassed to go back. A crew chief outside gave him the "slit throat" sign language and Dave shut down.

His copter had so many bullet holes in it that it was totaled. His co-pilot died later of his injuries. When you ask Dave how if felt to be doing that kind of work under those conditions he responds simply, "I was young and stupid." For his actions, Dave received the Silver Star.