Considering Kubota

Streetrod00

Mar 10, 2019
NY
Hi guys, new to the forum. Have a Deere 5065e w cab & fel, thinking about trading towards a Kubota M7060. Are these reliable tractors? Reason I'm considering the swap is my Deere uses injection pump retarder which makes starting the tractor a smoky nightmare, regardless of temperature, which isn't a good scenario in a finished / heated shop. I run a 7' snow blower, 8' rotary mower, 8' tiller along w field plows, disc harrow, and older NH baler. Also use fel significant amount as well. Pros & Cons needed. Thx

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Before you head down that costly path, have you exhausted options to correct the issue with the 5065e? Greentractortalks.com, TBN forums, dealer, Deere, etc?

Kubota makes a fantastic machine, but so do many other brands. You came to a Kubota forum, so you also want to consider posting this on TractorByNet (TBN) to get a broader opinion base. I would personally not hesitate to purchase a M7060. The most important consideration would be Ag/farm dealer support and expertise. Make sure the dealer can support you. For example, if the Kubota Dealer sells mostly subcompact tractors, or construction equipment....they arent going to be much help. If they have some current larger subcompacts and M series machines then it makes for a better service/support case.

Streetrod00

Mar 10, 2019
NY
Trading isn't my first choice but all of the Deere 3205 motors do the same thing. The injector pump can be manually advanced but causes other problems. It's a design issue, for which there are pros/cons. From a brand standpoint, seems like Kubota offers the best balance of options outside of Deere, which is why I'm looking. Dealer is an Ag location which also sells subcompacts, so support should be ok. Thanks for the response, looking for advice from Kubota owners in terms of experienced good/bad, seems like the place to go if the answers are objective. Thanks again, much appreciated!

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
The more you research, the more you'll realize most folks are happy with their tractors, regardless of brand. There will always be problematic machines here and there, from all mfgr's.

If you're serious about making a change, you should shop all viable brands based on your local service area, from dealers with good reputations. Then buy the rig that best fits your needs, regardless of brand.

Good luck! :)

PS> Yes, I love my BX, but it's a different class from what you're looking at.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have 2 M's both larger than what you are looking at and both pre-tier 4 as well. I've had zero issues with both units since I bought them new and I work them both in an ag setting.

They are all good in my view. I just am not fond of the Tier 4 mandate engines, no matter what brand.

I live in Deere country but I'm color blind.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The new tier 4 60 series tractors are really nice. I have had my L3560 for 4 years and no problems. It will go a long way toward solving your smoky mess issues. The dpf filter will do just that. It is worth a lot of money to not inhale smoke particles. Not to say you won't still need ventilation since not all the CO is removed, but at least there is not soot all over the tractor near the exhaust. I have a B2650 also, which lacks a dpf filter and there is black stuff all over the axles and snowblower, even though it starts and runs well.

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Hi guys, new to the forum. Have a Deere 5065e w cab & fel, thinking about trading towards a Kubota M7060. Are these reliable tractors? Reason I'm considering the swap is my Deere uses injection pump retarder which makes starting the tractor a smoky nightmare, regardless of temperature, which isn't a good scenario in a finished / heated shop. I run a 7' snow blower, 8' rotary mower, 8' tiller along w field plows, disc harrow, and older NH baler. Also use fel significant amount as well. Pros & Cons needed. Thx
Have you considered looking into this? Comes with blower motor and retractable versions are available. Just food for thought to keep your shop clean.

http://www.airflowsystems.com/products/specs/?n=single_hose_systems

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The M7060 is one of Kubota's most highly regarded models.

Be advised that the series is likely to be replaced with the just announced M4 line which is refined but little changed otherwise.

SDT