LA1154 self leveling FEL valve

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
I have a Kubota LA1154 FEL on a M7060 and I have a question about a self leveling bucket valve.

- If installing a self leveling bucket valve to a loader that doesn't have one does the existing control valve(s) need to be replaced or is the self leveling valve an add on?

- If you have this valve will it allow you to maintain your bucket at a constant position while raising and/or lowering the boom.

Thanks...

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's an add on valve, and FYI everyone I know that got one regrets it, they say that it works against you. ;)

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
I have put a few of them on. Not worth the time/aggravation/money spent.
What do you mean by "aggravation"? This morning I went to the local Bobcat dealer and tried one of their skid steer machines that was equipped with hydraulic bucket positioning and it worked very well.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What do you mean by "aggravation"? This morning I went to the local Bobcat dealer and tried one of their skid steer machines that was equipped with hydraulic bucket positioning and it worked very well.
Oh a Skid steer with bucket positioning is a completely different setup then that setup on a tractor with a loader, I know I have both. ;)

Go to a dealer that has a L or an M with it on their loader and you'll see.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well I couldn't figure what they were talking about????
What no linkage?
I'm wondering if it's just the L's that have a seperate valve and linkage or if it's the "Spill Guard" feature that I'm thinking of?

Sounds like he's real happy with it, but I imagine that's not a cheap valve at all.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
almost all kubota tractors are open center hydraulic system. Meaning the pump is a fixed displacement, and they engineer the pump(s) to move a certain amount of fluid through certain types of valves in order to run a loader, backhoe, 3ph and maybe a 3rd function. Once you start getting into adding more stuff onto it, there is usually issues in getting all of the "add-on" hydraulic components to work with each other.

SVL's/KX's/U's all use closed center systems and as long as the pump has enough capacity at full stroke, they'll handle add-on's just fine. They're designed completely different for different purposes.