Gear Oil

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My 97 F350 blows cold (ac) just like new. Good old non available R11 too.
Ford never should have changed those trucks ;) company I worked for back in 05 through 09 had a fleet of Ford trucks ranging from half tons on through to f550s. Ranged from 02 to 07 models when I left. Each one of those trucks had issues with the AC compressors going out at some point or another. My 04 that I bought new had the compressor go out a 2 months, year 2, then year 8 that I owned it. Year 8 was a brand new compressor since I was paying for it out of pocket that time instead of warranty. Traded the truck in at year 10 for my Sierra that I drive now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Ford never should have changed those trucks ;) company I worked for back in 05 through 09 had a fleet of Ford trucks ranging from half tons on through to f550s. Ranged from 02 to 07 models when I left. Each one of those trucks had issues with the AC compressors going out at some point or another. My 04 that I bought new had the compressor go out a 2 months, year 2, then year 8 that I owned it. Year 8 was a brand new compressor since I was paying for it out of pocket that time instead of warranty. Traded the truck in at year 10 for my Sierra that I drive now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Always been a Ford man (we are a Ford Motor Company) family until my wife bought the 2008 Suburban LTZ. Sure is a whole lot easier to work on mechanically than my Ford.

She got a nice deal on the Burb used (66K miles) and it's a tank. The one thing I like is the independent front 4 wd suspension. I just installed new half shafts, lower ball joints. spindles and sway bar links and none of it was nearly involved as working on the 350's solid front axle front end.

The 350's front is substantially heavier and substantially harder to work on too.

Never been a fan of GM until now. Too bad the MPG sucks.

On Fords, I much prefer the OBS body. You don' have to pull the cab to work on the motor. The new Superduty's have to remove the cab to do any motor work. Crazy design, stuffing the engine back under the cowl where you cannot get to anything.

Not sure about the newer GM pickups, never looked under the hood of one.

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Flip good to her you're doing well but you still have a long road ahead of you so take it easy. Ray that is one beautiful 4runner...I miss my Toyota's but pretty sure I'll be behind the wheel of one in the future.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip good to her you're doing well but you still have a long road ahead of you so take it easy. Ray that is one beautiful 4runner...I miss my Toyota's but pretty sure I'll be behind the wheel of one in the future.
I'm being very careful about what I do. All I have to do to remind myself is look down at my chest and belly at the mega-zipper...lol

Been walking the pup this week. Not to far but a bit farther every day. He needs it, he's been putting on poundage from not getting walked....:D

Got to build my stamina up for farming which is coming fast and then there is the hunting next fall.

Things to do are important now that I have my life back.

Still n denial about being cancer free. Hard to accept that. Started out with a 30% chance of surviving, then increased to 70% as the chemo had a very positive impact on the tumors and then finding out in recovery that my surgeons had removed all the cancer impacted tissue in my colon and liver. I owe my life to the medical team that dd the deed. I went to the mountain, walked with the shadow of death and survived.

It really has changed my perspective on life in general and I intend to enjoy every day I have left to the fullest.

I thank the Lord for another chance, every day.

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Always been a Ford man (we are a Ford Motor Company) family until my wife bought the 2008 Suburban LTZ. Sure is a whole lot easier to work on mechanically than my Ford.

She got a nice deal on the Burb used (66K miles) and it's a tank. The one thing I like is the independent front 4 wd suspension. I just installed new half shafts, lower ball joints. spindles and sway bar links and none of it was nearly involved as working on the 350's solid front axle front end.

The 350's front is substantially heavier and substantially harder to work on too.

Never been a fan of GM until now. Too bad the MPG sucks.

On Fords, I much prefer the OBS body. You don' have to pull the cab to work on the motor. The new Superduty's have to remove the cab to do any motor work. Crazy design, stuffing the engine back under the cowl where you cannot get to anything.

Not sure about the newer GM pickups, never looked under the hood of one.
You don’t “have” to pull the cabs to work on them,some work trucks with certain boxes or cranes and stuff just don’t allow easy cab removal. Procedures for doing almost any job in the manual for cab on or off.

It is way easier with the cab off tho for sure. Granted I work on them every day but in 30-45 minutes the cab can be off the truck (hopefully the cage nuts don’t spin which adds a few extra minutes). I pull f150 cabs too all the time to work on them.