B7200HST Will not start

Tim Kosmacek

Equipment
B7200HST
Feb 19, 2019
Persia, IA USA
I have a B7200HST It was running fine fueled it up and parked it overnight. Would not start next day. Checked fuel it is coming through the injectors, glow plugs are working, turns over and has compression it just will not fire up. Any ideas?

Tim Kosmacek

Equipment
B7200HST
Feb 19, 2019
Persia, IA USA
Re: B7200HST Will not start Getting Fuel, Glow Pulgs are working, Has compression, Id

Standing on the Corner.

It is 20 degrees out i have a block heater on it as well as blowing a heater on it. Yes it does have the decompressor lever. I can get it to spin fast then slowly engage the compression back in and still no fire.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019
Hampstead, MD
Re: B7200HST Will not start Getting Fuel, Glow Pulgs are working, Has compression, Id

Can you rule out the fuel from the can was not summer fuel? Any gelling? Any water in the fuel?

Do b7200’s have any odd safety switches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllDodge

Equipment
M9540 RTV1100
Jan 19, 2019
South Central, ky

Checked fuel it is coming through the injectors, glow plugs are working, turns over and has compression it just will not fire up.
Diesel needs 3 things to run, fuel, compression and air. Your statement says it has 2 of the 3, so unless the air filter is clogged, either something that is said it has, it does not (compression or fuel) or filter is clogged.

Don't think its the filter, so what was the compression numbers, and are you sure its fuel at the injectors?

Tim Kosmacek

Equipment
B7200HST
Feb 19, 2019
Persia, IA USA

I pulled the injectors to make sure the fuel was coming through them. They all three had what i would consider nice spray pattern for a visual. It is new fuel from the gas station. I drained the tank thinking it could possibly be bad fuel.

Tim Kosmacek

Equipment
B7200HST
Feb 19, 2019
Persia, IA USA

I had put in a new air cleaner 3 months ago. Haven***8217;t used it much since.

Jan 7, 2019
Hampstead, MD

I had a similar issue last year. Had to pull the fuel filter, clean, crank til it was squirting good then crank for a while.

Tim Kosmacek

Equipment
B7200HST
Feb 19, 2019
Persia, IA USA

I did not actually test the compression just going off of the sound when releasing the decompression lever.

Tim Kosmacek

Equipment
B7200HST
Feb 19, 2019
Persia, IA USA

I had pulled the fuel filter off as well and cleaned and filled with new clean fuel. I will see if we can***8217;t get it going tomorrow.
Thanks!

Tim Kosmacek

Equipment
B7200HST
Feb 19, 2019
Persia, IA USA

Diesel needs 3 things to run, fuel, compression and air. Your statement says it has 2 of the 3, so unless the air filter is clogged, either something that is said it has, it does not (compression or fuel) or filter is clogged.

Don't think its the filter, so what was the compression numbers, and are you sure its fuel at the injectors?
ALLDODGE

I don’t actually have any gauges to check actual pressure. I had the injectors out fuel sprayed a nice mist pattern. Based the compression off of the listening to the motor when releasing the de compression lever. Sorry I am a true backyard mechanic.

Jan 7, 2019
Hampstead, MD

So it looks like you have fuel.

Check compression and no air restrictions.

It should fire.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I'm working on one now that the owner didn't check drain or change the fuel filter and it forced water into the injectors, they were frozen and full of water.

If you opened the fuel filter did you burp all the air out to the injection pump via the jet start valve on the side of the injection pump?
Then did you bleed all the injector lines at the injectors?

Tim Kosmacek

Equipment
B7200HST
Feb 19, 2019
Persia, IA USA

I'm working on one now that the owner didn't check drain or change the fuel filter and it forced water into the injectors, they were frozen and full of water.

If you opened the fuel filter did you burp all the air out to the injection pump via the jet start valve on the side of the injection pump?
Then did you bleed all the injector lines at the injectors?
We did bleed at both of those locations. Did not notice any water in the system. I will try rebleeding tomorrow.
Thanks!

AllDodge

Equipment
M9540 RTV1100
Jan 19, 2019
South Central, ky

With all that your showing it should fire, so it has to be fuel.

Tim Kosmacek

Equipment
B7200HST
Feb 19, 2019
Persia, IA USA

I finally got a chance to work on my Kubota B7200HST again today. I installed new injectors re-bled fuel system. I get smoke had about 3 seconds of run time and died again. re-bled again and still won't start. Is it possible the timing is off? Can you tell me what my fuel pressures should be and also compression ratings?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I finally got a chance to work on my Kubota B7200HST again today. I installed new injectors re-bled fuel system. I get smoke had about 3 seconds of run time and died again. re-bled again and still won't start. Is it possible the timing is off? Can you tell me what my fuel pressures should be and also compression ratings?
The fact that this happened suddenly leads one to believe it's got to be an air or fuel issue.

Where did you get the injectors from?
Did you get and install new sealing washers too?

Have you pulled and checked the air cleaner?

Have you checked that the glow plugs are working?

I would bottle feed the injection pump from above it and see what it does.

Pull the injection pump lines off, set the throttle to high, crank, and see if you get a 6" plus fountain of fuel out of them.

These motors never get out of time, it's timed with gears and shims under the Injection pump.

Without a very fancy pressure setup there is no way to test the fuel pressures.
Now testing compression on the engine is easy but in this case unneeded, compression does not just disappear or goes bad overnight.