10 acres - what would you get?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Heavier is always better for ground engaging tasks. For a rear blade you want one that will cover the rear wheel width when angled. Most get 1 ft wider than the rear wheels when it is not angled. Your dealer should know. I have an RB2684 with hydraulic angle, but my tractor is heavier than yours.

For BB or LPGC it is best to get the beefiest that fits your machine and that you can afford. Kubota 3PT doesnt have downward pressure on the L series, so weight really does matter.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
My salesman told me the 72 inch blade is enough to cover the rear wheels while it’s angled so I went with that.

My blade is still on order but he gave me a loaner 84 inch. I can definitely tell it’s nack there but overall I’m pleased with how the tractor handled it. Weight is my limitation.

NewtoOrange

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Pleasant Plains, Il. USA
As much as you are comfortable spending. Get the biggest with what you want to use it for. My L2501 is all I need for my 25 acres and it is incredible the tight spots it can get into. Would go with a cab if you will have a lot of cold or mowing in and have the headroom under any trees. Basic tractor and add implements as you find use for.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
HAHA no children yet! When that time does come Ive got some pretty big excavators at work that will come in handy ;)

Say we go with the L2501 HST with loader. For implements initially Im thinking the rear blade and a rotary cutter. Possibly a scraper/box blade for the gravel drive.

I see several different models of each that fit according to the performance matched sheet. Obviously Id like to have the wheel base covered, but even then there are different models with different weights.

Im assuming the heavier ones are more beefy. Are they worth the extra $?

Box blades are versatile. But land planes look really awesome for gravel drives. If just for maintaining gravel drive, you might consider that as an option. You can find lots of videos and things to spend money on at www.everythingattachments.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rkubotamn

Equipment
Kubota L3560
Jan 24, 2019
Country, MN
Just joined as well Kmyers! I also have 10 acres and after lurking around here for months and test driving/getting quotes I just ordered the 3560 open station with rotary cutter/box blade/disc/loader/grapple. They are suppose to deliver next week so no reviews yet but after years of working with a little JD 2210 it should be a nice upgrade.

Kmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 - loader, tiller, mower
Jan 15, 2019
Ohio
I want to thank everyone for their help.

Picked this up yesterday.

Tractor pic.jpg

Used 2018 L3301 with 30 hrs on it, came with QA loader, rotary tiller and cutter.

*EDIT* Not sure why picture doesnt get bigger when clicked on?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I want to thank everyone for their help.

Picked this up yesterday.

View attachment 41036

Used 2018 L3301 with 30 hrs on it, came with QA loader, rotary tiller and cutter.

*EDIT* Not sure why picture doesnt get bigger when clicked on?
Pic got bigger for me.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk