Land Pride grapple

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Looking at ordering an L3901 very soon with the LA525 FEL. I am trying to figure out the compatibility with the 55" everything attachments wicked root rake grapple. I am looking at getting the 66" quick connect bucket on the FEL. Anyone know if the grapple is compatible with the quick connect. I spoke with everything attachments and they said I need the universal quick connect attachment.

Can anyone provide some first hand experience?
It’s the same attachment style, generally call SSQA for Skid Steer Quick Attach.

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
I have a SCG0548 for my BX. I can only rate Land Pride as I've not tried any others. As for all equip it depends on what your needs are. My unit is small and not intended to be a fast workhorse unit and has it's limitations. I have had a small bend but honestly that happened by lifting an 7' long 24" ash log. So I was impressed I could lift it and actually haul it in the first place. Lifting piles of brush works fairly well but there is the issue of smaller short pieces of logs that fall out. Quality to me is quite satisfactory for its intended use. I've got all the time in the world for cleaning debris so production was never an issue. If you need speed and heavy duty there are better ones for certain.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes a 55" will fit it, really anything SSQA will fit it, there is no minimum or maximum size that works with that mounting system. ;)

Ayespye

Equipment
MX-5800, FEL, LP grappler, brush hog, box blade, ETA6900HD post hole digger
Aug 10, 2017
Waverly, GA
I have an SGC1560 for my MX and I love it. Like many here I use it for all kinds of purposes. I have lifted large logs that maxxed out my lift capacity, moved large rocks, use it like a forklift with a couple of stout straps, and have yet to hurt this thing. My only complaint is the weight of the beast, it comes in at a whopping 820 lbs! IMHO, that is one of the biggest advantages of the EA product. I also love the customer service at EA, I purchased a auger from them and everything about the purchase was top-notch.

bluelou212

Equipment
BX2670, L3901 TLB
Nov 20, 2017
Callicoon, NY, USA
For the record, I ended up returning the landpride sgc 1060 grapple I mentioned earlier in this thread. I'm currently waiting on delivery of an EA wicked root grapple V 2.0 / double lid / 54".

The problem with the LP grapple was it's not appropriate for use as a rock grapple, especially for flat fieldstone. The EA grapple isn't a rock grapple either, but the weight is right at 397# and the bottom lid should be flat and deep enough for the intended use.

https://www.everythingattachments.c...e-by-Everything-Attachments-p/eta-wrg-cmp.htm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NYOrange

Equipment
Kubota L2501hst
Mar 23, 2018
Western NY
Make sure to post some pictures with it in action I haven’t ordered mine yet waiting to sell a few things first, but wishing I had it every time I go in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sour

Apr 27, 2018
Leesburg, Virginia
So I'm in the process of ordering an L3901.... and need to order a grapple.

Looking at getting the EA Wicked Root Rake Grapple....

Based upon my tractor... (39HP) do you guys think the 55" or 60" would be best.

My concern is the weight. The 55" comes in at 209 pounds, the 60" comes in at 400 pounds.

It will be a multi-purpose grapple... moving downed trees, brush, rocks and such. I'm working on thinning out a couple acres or woods at a piece of property.

Thanks in advance!

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Sour, if u call EA they will tell u which one is rated for the HP/weight/lift of your tractor. I’m getting the new 60 inch one for mine. Build lead time when I ordered it a couple weeks ago was 6 weeks. Should be getting it towards the end of this month or first week of June.

NewtoOrange

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Pleasant Plains, Il. USA
Okay so newbie question time. Have an LA525 FEL. Have decided on grapple from Everything Attachment. Question is if I get a quick attach on the loader would it be compatible with my original bucket or is there a different style of bucket that I would need to buy ?:eek:

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Okay so newbie question time. Have an LA525 FEL. Have decided on grapple from Everything Attachment. Question is if I get a quick attach on the loader would it be compatible with my original bucket or is there a different style of bucket that I would need to buy ?:eek:

Is your bucket SSQA? The wicked grapple and bucket on mine swap easily.

I did order the quick attach on the loader when I bought it. They(dealer) swapped out the pin on bucket for the SSQA one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
The LA525 was available two ways, sounds like you have the less expensive pin-on style bucket so yes you would need a new bucket or modify yours with a SSQA plate.

This is what the Kubota SSQA bucket looks like:

Attachments

Last edited:

Sour

Apr 27, 2018
Leesburg, Virginia
What hydraulic connections do you need for for the everything attachment root grapple? When I spoke with everything attachments they said special hydraulic connections were needed to be compatible with Kubota tractors. Anyone have any first hand knowledge?

Davad

Equipment
L4701 HST, EA Wicked Root Grapple
Aug 17, 2017
Dudley, GA
What hydraulic connections do you need for for the everything attachment root grapple? When I spoke with everything attachments they said special hydraulic connections were needed to be compatible with Kubota tractors. Anyone have any first hand knowledge?
You will need a "third function" installed to your loader. EA sells a kit for this and there is a video on their website showing an overview of how it installs. I had the Landpride kit installed by my dealer. It works great.

The Landpride kit comes with ½" AG type Couplers which are compatible with the couplers EA ships on their grapples.

Last edited:

Sour

Apr 27, 2018
Leesburg, Virginia
You will need a "third function" installed to your loader. EA sells a kit for this and there is a video on their website showing an overview of how it installs. I had the Landpride kit installed by my dealer. It works great.

The Landpride kit comes with ½" AG type Couplers which are compatible with the couplers EA ships on their grapples.
Yeah, I ordered my tractor with the third function valve, just want to make sure when my EA grapple shows up it’s the correct hydraulic fittings.

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
This thread is a few months old but the topic fits. Today I purchased a BX2380 with belly mower and FEL with quick connect. I was leaning toward telling them Monday to add the land pride SGC0548 grapple and 3rd valve set up.

I am concerned now if this is the best choice. My 2nd thought is to stay with the pin on bucket and have them add the 3rd valve and purchase the pin on EA 48 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple for Kubota BX

Are problems still being had with the land pride?

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
This thread is a few months old but the topic fits. Today I purchased a BX2380 with belly mower and FEL with quick connect. I was leaning toward telling them Monday to add the land pride SGC0548 grapple and 3rd valve set up.

I am concerned now if this is the best choice. My 2nd thought is to stay with the pin on bucket and have them add the 3rd valve and purchase the pin on EA 48 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple for Kubota BX

Are problems still being had with the land pride?
Grapple choice regardless, DO NOT get the pin-on bucket, you'll forever regret that decision.

I'm sure they have fixed the issues with these by now, but they did have a few growing pains.

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
Grapple choice regardless, DO NOT get the pin-on bucket, you'll forever regret that decision.

I'm sure they have fixed the issues with these by now, but they did have a few growing pains.
My tractor is small so total weight is a concern. The land pride from the dealer is the best price. But Many have had problems with bending it up. The EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple is the other choice. It might be 20lbs heavier but the total cost will be about $600 more. I really like the rake feature with the EA and the serrated teeth vs the smooth with land pride. Both The EA and land pride are quick connect.