Land Pride grapple

NYOrange

Equipment
Kubota L2501hst
Mar 23, 2018
Western NY
Hi everybody first post here. Looking to see if anybody has any experience with the land pride grapples specifically the sgc06 series or similar. I’m going to be getting a new L2501 and was trying to decide between that or getting one from everything attachments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hi everybody first post here. Looking to see if anybody has any experience with the land pride grapples specifically the sgc06 series or similar. I’m going to be getting a new L2501 and was trying to decide between that or getting one from everything attachments.

I'd encourage you, as I think many other on here will as well to look at the EA (everything attachments) grapples instead.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
I have the SGC0660 grapple on my L3901 and it will do the job but the smooth times suck. Logs and rocks constantly slip out. The lid bends easily too. I’d go with the EA wicked 55 rake grapple or wicked root grapple if I had to do it again.

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
I looked at the LP but after reading reviews and watching videos I saw no upside to going with any unit other than one from EA.

NYOrange

Equipment
Kubota L2501hst
Mar 23, 2018
Western NY
Well thank you for the feedback look like I will just wait and get an ea grapple then.

Hydro556

Mar 12, 2018
Mo
Can anyone explain the differences, or why the EA unit is superior?

I'm in the same situation.

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
The metal is not as robust (I***8217;m sure that***8217;s not the correct way of describing it) bending seems to be an issue. Grease fittings or lack there of ob the LP, you can grease the EA lid. Smooth teeth makes it harder to keep a grip on a grapple full. Travis is active all over the tractor forums and has a FB group which to me means customer service. They want things to be right.

RichM752

Equipment
L47TLB
Feb 28, 2017
Mount Shasta CA
I wouldn't even think of buying anything but an EA grapple. Just ordered my third one last week. I work them hard, and other than some worn paint they are as good as new.

rogerwh0825

Equipment
BX2660
Nov 14, 2017
Havana, Fl. US
I've got the LandPride grapple and as others have said wish I had gone the EA route. Heavy duty construction, a bit longer teeth, and the serrated teeth are all big advantages. The one not mentioned that I have the most trouble with from the LandPride is the single lid vs double lid. When picking up logs, etc, that are much larger on one end than the other the single lid allows for only one point of securing the load. Since the dual lids can clamp individually at different angles it gives much better clamping in those situations to control the load.

DanielC

Mar 28, 2018
Chertsey
The metal is not as robust (I***8217;m sure that***8217;s not the correct way of describing it) bending seems to be an issue. Grease fittings or lack there of ob the LP, you can grease the EA lid. Smooth teeth makes it harder to keep a grip on a grapple full. Travis is active all over the tractor forums and has a FB group which to me means customer service. They want things to be right.
I order my grapple from EA a few weeks ago and should get it any day now, (waiting for clearance from the customs).

All I can say is that Travis at EA is top notch for customer service, email and phone a few times. He was really good and patient with my newbie questions.

From what i've seen around, people having EA products are very happy with it and I m pretty sure I ll be one of them soon :).

NYOrange

Equipment
Kubota L2501hst
Mar 23, 2018
Western NY
I decided to just get a EA grapple. I’m gonna wait a little bit and test out the new tractor some when I get it hopefully Friday or early next week.

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
I order my grapple from EA a few weeks ago and should get it any day now, (waiting for clearance from the customs).

All I can say is that Travis at EA is top notch for customer service, email and phone a few times. He was really good and patient with my newbie questions.

From what i've seen around, people having EA products are very happy with it and I m pretty sure I ll be one of them soon :).

Congrats, I’m sure you like many of us will be well pleased!

djm1204

Equipment
L4600 HST, FEL, Root Rake, Land Pride Grapple, Two way radio
Aug 11, 2014
Dunnellon, FL, USA
I have the LP SGC1072 Grapple - have had it for several years and it's the best attachment I have on my tractor an L-4600

Reactions: 1 user

bluelou212

Equipment
BX2670, L3901 TLB
Nov 20, 2017
Callicoon, NY, USA
I have the LP SGC1072 Grapple - have had it for several years and it's the best attachment I have on my tractor an L-4600
That's good to know. I'm waiting on delivery of an SGC1060 any day now.

Are people referring only to the LP sgc06 series? They offer 9 different grapples with 9 different designs. I'm guessing EA has several offerings, too.

Last edited:

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
I have a Land Pride SGC1084, I have had it less than a year, I agree, it is the best attachment I have on my tractor. I use it for everything, and it holds up. I have not bent a tooth on it, and I pick up large rocks, tree stumps, logs, even picked my ATV up with it when I rolled it down a hill. I drag it backwards through the dirt collecting sticks and rocks, push it forward through the dirt, use it to push myself out of areas I get stuck in. It is a great tool.

I have no complaints on it at all.

M

Attachments

milemarker211

Equipment
Kubota L2501, JD 650, Gravely 60-inch zero turn, misc. implements
Apr 3, 2018
Hop Bottom
Also have an L2501 and looked at both LP and EA and, yes, the EA, partic. the double-lid, looks far superior. {Guess i'm just a dummy, but though it's easy to see how to "REPLY" to a post, I haven't yet discovered how to actually "POST" my own questions. Is there a trick to this or something that I'm missing? I did take a look at the FAQ but failed to see the actual 'mechanics' involved in posting my own queries.} [Pls. excuse the 'stupid'.]

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Also have an L2501 and looked at both LP and EA and, yes, the EA, partic. the double-lid, looks far superior. {Guess i'm just a dummy, but though it's easy to see how to "REPLY" to a post, I haven't yet discovered how to actually "POST" my own questions. Is there a trick to this or something that I'm missing? I did take a look at the FAQ but failed to see the actual 'mechanics' involved in posting my own queries.} [Pls. excuse the 'stupid'.]
From the "forum" page that you want to post in, click New Thread.

Attachments

Sour

Apr 27, 2018
Leesburg, Virginia
Looking at ordering an L3901 very soon with the LA525 FEL. I am trying to figure out the compatibility with the 55" everything attachments wicked root rake grapple. I am looking at getting the 66" quick connect bucket on the FEL. Anyone know if the grapple is compatible with the quick connect. I spoke with everything attachments and they said I need the universal quick connect attachment.

Can anyone provide some first hand experience?