Too early to take snowblower off?

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Right or wrong mine came off Sunday and I gotta tell ya it's great to have the loader back on. We haven't had much of a winter here but the bad side of that is it was cold and now lot's of frost. Mud season is upon us here and every year around this time I feel the urge to sell. We'll probably be leaving the truck out the road and travelling in and out with the bike until my road heals. Last year I took the blower off the end of February which worked out good.
When we were going to look at our house for the first time, the GPS took us down a dirt road. I told her I was no longer interested, but come to find out, it stopped a mile from our house. I grew up on a dirt road. Mud all the time. Slick in the winter. Never again.

Thankfully mom and dads road was paved 5 years ago.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
When we were going to look at our house for the first time, the GPS took us down a dirt road. I told her I was no longer interested, but come to find out, it stopped a mile from our house. I grew up on a dirt road. Mud all the time. Slick in the winter. Never again.

Thankfully mom and dads road was paved 5 years ago.
Yep and the true definition of stupid is driving a black truck, ATV and motorcycle.:eek: Little wonder she looks at me funny sometimes, well, more often than not.:eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The way the weather has been it wouldnt surprise me if we dont have an Easter snow :D

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Wow, no snow in Indiana? I thought everyone was getting hit this winter.
So far this winter, I don't think we have had a total of 24 inches where I live. Over close to Lake Michigan, they have gotten hammered a few times, lake effect can really dump a lot of snow on them in a short time. They have had lots more snow south of me too. Go figure. It has been cold here though, I think the weatherman said we have been mostly below normal except for a couple of short warmups. In fact it's supposed to be in the mid 60's on Thursday, but be back in the 40's next week, which is about normal for this time of year.
My sister lives near Marquette, MI, and there is no shortage of snow there.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
67 degrees today. We’ll get more snow...hopefully not a lot. Leaving quick hitch on for now, so easy enough to put blower back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk