What would you pay LA211 loader?

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
Hey guys what price do you think is fair for a LA211 loader with the mounting brackets, loader valve, and all hydraulic lines to connect? Item is in normal used condition. It has been removed and he no longer has a tractor so I can't operate it to see that it functions, it's simply a load and go deal.

I've been looking for a long time, and anyone knows these things are hard to find so that drives the value up. Gentleman wants $2300. I'm sure he will get it, I'm just concerned what I'm going to have to pay after the fact. Nothing I have ever purchased used has ever been 100% perfect. I'm sure something will need some attention meaning $$$.

Again my issue is these are extremely difficult to find, and aftermarket units are a fortune. Anyway what do you guys think?

Thanks, Rye.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Sounds very reasonable even if you have to do a bit of work on it. Mine was left outside too long by a relative and my brother rebuilt the lift cylinders, not really too much too them that can't be fairly easily fixed and yes they are hard to find.

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
Well talked to him this am and he said he will stand behind its operation and I have to pick it up from his house so he's got no where to hide so to speak.

He said it has everything to include the adapter plate to hook up the hydraulics, he's just missing those bolts.

Thanks again fellas, Rye.

Last edited:

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Good luck and be sure to have him show you how to mount/dismount as it is different than any other loader I've ever used as one hose loops back into the tractor. If he doesn't have he manual, consider buying one.

While unhooked, ours leaks down more than the one on our 2660, so you might want to consider a stand or some bracing if you are unable to manhandle it.

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
Well I'm going to talk to the boss, aka wife. Issue I'm struggling with is I could sell mine (I'm in no hurry) and pick up a machine with less hours and a loader on it for about the same price (total paid for my machine and adding a loader).

I also wonder how much use I would get out of it and how much it would sit, see I use my machine to mow so I would have to disconnect it after every use. I may want to save up and just look for a newer machine with the quick disconnect loader.

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
LA211 is on or off my BX in under 2 minutes. It's a very easy job as long as you have a flat place to park the loader. You really won't find anything that's much simpler, although there are quick-attach buckets for some newer models... you drop the bucket, but leave the arms on the machine. For mowing, it's better to remove the whole thing anyways, IMHO.

The real question is do you have a tractor that will take that loader without a bunch of tinkering? If yes, that's a pretty good deal; if no, you may invest a bunch of time/money getting the loader and tractor to mate up.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Well I'm going to talk to the boss, aka wife. Issue I'm struggling with is I could sell mine (I'm in no hurry) and pick up a machine with less hours and a loader on it for about the same price (total paid for my machine and adding a loader).

I also wonder how much use I would get out of it and how much it would sit, see I use my machine to mow so I would have to disconnect it after every use. I may want to save up and just look for a newer machine with the quick disconnect loader.
That may be your best option, just try to get a BXxx60 Series if you do, the BXxx50 had some issues, but I believe from what I'm seeing used prices are pretty high for all of them.

Grandad4 is a bit better than I as it takes me longer to remove the BX2200 FEL than the BX2660, but neither is really "hard". If you want to see hard, try our Massey Ferguson 375, I swear it take two kids and a trained monkey to change that thing. Then when it is on, you need to push into a solid tree to make sure it seats.

We used our BX2200 for over five years for mowing as well as FEL, bush hogging, tilling etc. and regularly removed/installed the FEL. It's not hard, just not as easy as on later models.

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
Well then that changes things, lol. Thanks fellas just not sure the boss is going to go for it. Someone once said it can't hurt to ask, well he never met my wife.

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
The real question is do you have a tractor that will take that loader without a bunch of tinkering? If yes, that's a pretty good deal; if no, you may invest a bunch of time/money getting the loader and tractor to mate up.

From my understanding (not that I know anything) the La211 should be a direct fit on my BX1800. He said the only thing missing is a bolt/ seal that holds the hydraulic block from the loader to the supply/ pump on the tractor, I checked with Messicks and all the bolts and seals in that area are a couple bucks and available.

Again please let me know if I'm missing something, I don't know much about it as I've never installed or run one.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Fortunately my wife came to love how handy the BX is, upon retirement they became "her BXs". I once mentioned we might need to sell the BX2200, FEL, 60" MMM because we had bought the BX2660 just like it; not gonna happen. We keep the FEL and rotary cutter, tiller or box scraper on one and a MMM on the other so she can get off one and on the other without worrying about taking the FEL on/off.

So we kept both and bought "my" L5740HSTC.:D

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Didn't see your byline re. the BX1800. If that loader is in good shape, it will make a whole new machine out of your little BX. It's also something of a prize, since you find many unmounted loaders for sale.

It's about as handy as a pocketknife and you'll amaze yourself with the situations where it gets used to do stuff that has nothing to do with digging or moving dirt, although it does that also. Just plan on keeping something heavy on the 3 point as a counterbalance and keep the bucket low when moving heavy things... the little BX can get tippy with any kind of payload in the bucket.

Best of luck with it!

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
The Kubota website shows a loader installed for about $3,000 on a BX.
They do not specify the model but I am thinking the LA211 is the smallest available. Have you talked to a Kubota dealer?