Loader lifting issues.

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
Last few times I’ve been on my L4400, I’ve noticed that the loader function is decreased when I have the box blade in the highest position. The up and down controls are almost non existant in this condition. The bucket dump control is still normal though. If I lower the box blade to half way, the movement of the loader goes back to normal.
The bucket will easily lift a full bucket load of dirt when the box blade is lowed.
Any ideas?

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
If I lower the box blade to half way, the movement of the loader goes back to normal.
What if you lower the box blade just a little? Or raise it almost, but not quite, to the top?

I'm wondering if there's something going on with the relief valve sticking slightly open after the 3ph hits it's limit.

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
What if you lower the box blade just a little? Or raise it almost, but not quite, to the top?

I'm wondering if there's something going on with the relief valve sticking slightly open after the 3ph hits it's limit.
I haven’t really checked it like that, but I can. It kinda seems like some kind of Valve is sticking. It won’t even lower correctly if the box blade is all the way up.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Yep - my gut says torch is on the right track....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Do you have the 3 point feedback mechanism (assumes you have it on your tractor) adjusted properly? Is there a squealing sound when the trouble occurs or when the 3 point hitch is at maximum up position?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
Do you have the 3 point feedback mechanism (assumes you have it on your tractor) adjusted properly? Is there a squealing sound when the trouble occurs or when the 3 point hitch is at maximum up position?

That’s another matter in itself. That valve that you are referring to was missing when I bought the tractor. Part of the housing that it’s encased in, was broken off, and epoxied over and painted.
After using the tractor for a few hours, it started leaking, worse, and worse. It’s been welded on several time, and now has a slow leak. I will usually end up adding about 1/2 gallon of fluid for every 2-3 hours that I use it. It needs to be fixed, but the $1500 estimate that I got replace the housing cover, and other parts, is keeping me from taking it to a dealer yet.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
the $1500 estimate that I got replace the housing cover, and other parts, is keeping me from taking it to a dealer yet.
Get the parts and replace it yourself, that's a very easy repair.

And yes if you keep running it like that your going to do more damage!

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas

1D94E84F-892F-41EC-8A6C-09A19DEDF111.jpg
See the arrow? There is a chunk of the housing at that point that is missing. The draft control knob(I think that’s the correct term) was missing when I bought the tractor almost 2 years ago. The entire top needs to be replaced, along with the knob. I did get a estimate for that part. The large, cast iron piece that had about 10 large bolts holding it on is $750. Just that one part!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Post a Picture of the front of your case.

The part you are referring to with the knob is the fall rate adjustment, But there is also a relief valve in the front of that case too.

The entire upper assembly minus the fall rate adjustment is:
P/N 07933-00030 $847.89
It's not just the housing but the whole assembly.

You might be able to buy one from WKTP for cheaper, but I wouldn't count on it.
http://www.japanesecompacttractor.com/default.htm

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas

ATTACH]41662[/ATTACH]
See the arrow? There is a chunk of the housing at that point that is missing. The draft control knob(I think that’s the correct term) was missing when I bought the tractor almost 2 years ago. The entire top needs to be replaced, along with the knob. I did get a estimate for that part. The large, cast iron piece that had about 10 large bolts holding it on is $750. Just that one part!

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
NIW asked for a picture of the damaged areas since he will be able to see what may be missing or damaged that affects the loader pressure. A description is not sufficient unless you go into great descriptive detail. A picture is worth more than 1000 words in this case. (And it is just polite to give the people trying to help what they ask for so they can more easily help.)

Last edited:

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
NIW asked far a picture of the damaged areas since he will be able to see what may be missing or damaged that affects the loader pressure. A description is not sufficient unless you go into great descriptive detail. A picture is worth more than 1000 words in this case. (And it is just polite to give the people trying to help what they ask for so they can more easily help.)

0D4480B6-6E6C-4E5D-95B6-0200679BC0B2.jpg
This is the area that holds the valve. It was epoxied, and painted over when I got the tractor. The epoxy eventually failed.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thank you for posting the pictures.

Was the welding done on the assembled tractor or was it disassembled, welded and reassembled?

Welding may have damaged internal rubber that is clogging valves?