Open Station Tractor Monitor/Cameras

Animal

Mar 4, 2011
Ontario
Hi,
There was mention a while ago about adding backup/front fork cameras for open station tractors and I cannot for the life of me find it. Does anyone have experience installing monitors and cams on an open station tractor and perhaps which type/manufacturer and of course if it all worked out good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
I bought a Pyle backup camera system for around sixty bucks for my BX-25D. My machine is stored inside, and I have no need to work in the rain, so the monitor not being waterproof hasn’t been an issue. It has been installed for a few years now, and Has been used in below zero snow removal with no problems. My camera is mounted on a large magnet so that I can arrange it as needed. I used Anderson Powerpoles for the power feed, so it is easier to remove if needed. The Pyle monitor will accept two inputs, so I purchased another camera to use as a rear view. Everything came from Amazon. It’s been a worthwhile addition to my machine.

Jerry

Animal

Mar 4, 2011
Ontario
Thanks Wolfman, I'm waiting for a quote from RVS for a 7" weatherproof monitor and cam but, I am guessing I best be sitting down when the quote comes in.

Last edited:

Animal

Mar 4, 2011
Ontario
Thanks Jerry, I was told that the non waterproof monitors could short out if wet, do you cover the monitor at all or like you said you just stay inside if it rains. I thought perhaps there would be a cover made of plexi-glass or something, kind of like the GoPro cams.

BravoXray

Equipment
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
If it starts to rain I head to the barn. My monitor has had some minor moisture on it at different times, rain or snow or accidental spray while washing, but no problems. They’re cheap enough that if it died I would just buy another, but bitter cold and summer heat haven’t caused any problems. It would be super easy to just plunk a quart or gallon sized ziplock bag over it if needed.

Jerry

BravoXray

Equipment
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Thanks, and while I would love to take credit for it, it was suggested by another member around four years ago. I have a good memory, but it is short, and I cannot remember who had posted it originally. The magnet is from Tractor Supply, and really holds on well. I turned the brass spout on the lathe so that I would be able to get the magnet off of the tractor with gloves on.
There are plugs in the wiring so that the camera can be completely removed if needed.