new bx2380 thinking about bagger

abolt300mag

Equipment
BX2380 60" MMM FEL Landpride 54" grapple LP 1248 box blade
Feb 21, 2019
Middletown De
just purchased a new bx2380 w/fel & mmm. I have MANY trees thinking about purchasing the bagger. opinions?

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
After reading some reports about the limited capacity and difficulty in installing/removing the Kubota bagger, I went with a Cyclone Rake Commander instead. Works great on leaves and grass. Advantages are much higher capacity, reasonably easy to install/remove, and doesn't take much storage space compared to other trailer setups. Disadvantages are that it makes for a very long tractor/trailer combo so compromises maneuverability in tight spaces, and you've got another engine to fuel and maintain.

I use it mostly because I'm building up compost to improve my garden soil, and to fill in some low spots and control erosion on my 5 acres. If it weren't for that, I'd just use my mmm to mulch leaves and grass, blowing any excess of into the woods.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I have the kubota grass catcher. It works great. I think its biggest weakness is that it attaches to the 3-point hitch. Its not quick hitch compatible and its fairly time consuming to get on and off. It fits my situation because I put it on in late spring when its time to mow, and don't remove it all summer except rarely. It acts like decent ballast for the loader. If you constantly switch implements then you would probably be frustrated.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Why do you want a bagger? Different people have different reasons.

For me, we don't get that many leaves in autumn, and so long as I mow at least once (sometimes twice) a week, my BX mulches fine. I'd rather mow twice a week than mess around with a bagger. Note that I don't have a mulch kit, I just side discharge to the centre, mow it again on the next pass. Most of it disappears, what doesn't ends up in the centre of the lawn. I have a chain on the discharge chute, pull it up and do a couple passes, all gone.

Given that you've already got the tractor, I'd recommend using it without the bagger for a while and see if it upsets you. If it doesn't you just saved enough money to buy some other implement. Maybe a chipper given you have lots of trees.

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I have the Kubota bagger as well on my 2370-1 it works fantastic. Mine is mounted to the rear bracket frame. It takes some time installing it but,there aren't any bolts just pins.Of course I do have to remove the 3 tph arms etc first. I install mine in the fall when the leaves start falling and leave it on untill there all picked up etc:. To make installation / removal ,easier I'm used a Pallet to sit the catcher on and sort of made a frame out of 2x4s under the catcher to make it almost the proper height so I can almost back the tractor up close and then finish pushing it into place while linning up the pto shaft. Of course I use pallet forks on the 3 pth to move it around and in out of storage.

BX Woody

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, MMM, Bagger, Snow B
Feb 10, 2018
Canada
Hi,

I have the bagger on my bx1880 and it works excellent. Yes it works well for leaves but I use it all year to pick up grass clippings as I mow. I use to have a lawn sweaper and this is so much easier & the pto driven vacuum really sucks well. Like others have said, its a pain to put on but once on, I leave it on all summer until I change over to snowblower mode.