Mower deck on BX

Alderman

Mar 10, 2019
Height adjustment knob wouldn’t go to the top position. Adjusted the screw at the back of the tractor and it now turns easily into top position
When I use the lowering lever, the deck still lowers a couple of inches while in the top position.
Normal or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Height adjustment knob wouldn’t go to the top position. Adjusted the screw at the back of the tractor and it now turns easily into top position
When I use the lowering lever, the deck still lowers a couple of inches while in the top position.
Normal or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not normal....
Check linkage and see if knob/shaft is holding in place

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Not sure which screw you are referring to. On mine, the height adjustment can only be made when the mowing deck is all the way up. If it won't turn, it means it has settled a tiny bit and its not quite at the top. Just pulling the lever back to raise the deck will solve the issue.

And yes, it doesn't hold it tight in the upmost position. It can settle a little bit. I've never bothered to measure how much it settles but the eyeball test says its not very much.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Re-read the post -- it sounds like yours has more drop than I thought when I first read it. That part is not normal.