Front mount snow blade never trips.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I have pushed a lot of snow this year and have never tripped my blade. I do have the 2 brackets(?) that lock the blade from tripping removed. Is there something else I’m missing? I hit a rock when pushing snow to open up some more room today and it stopped the tractor but didn’t trip the blade. I feel this is putting too much stress on my FEL. Any ideas?

Thanks

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Reduce the tension on the trip springs and grease the pivot if it has grease fittings. On my 10 foot plow, I run the trip springs loose (when the plow is in the upright position).

My trip axle has a grease fitting on each end.

You want the plow to trip over when it impacts an object or you push into a pile f snow.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Dae - post your blade model # and tractor/loader model #'s.

Lot of guys have them; will help them troubleshoot.

I plowed a co-worker's driveway last year when her husband was recuperating from surgery. Used his BX and FEL blade. Never used it until then. Only 6" or so of wet snow, but seems like it tripped a couple times...

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
There's a sweet spot with how you have the blade tilted forward and back. Too far forward, and you dig in too much. Too far back and it won't work that well, and probably won't trip the springs like you're referring to

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Dae - post your blade model # and tractor/loader model #'s.

Lot of guys have them; will help them troubleshoot.

I plowed a co-worker's driveway last year when her husband was recuperating from surgery. Used his BX and FEL blade. Never used it until then. Only 6" or so of wet snow, but seems like it tripped a couple times...
Snow blade 2673 FEL mount
Kubota B2650

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Reduce the tension on the trip springs and grease the pivot if it has grease fittings. On my 10 foot plow, I run the trip springs loose (when the plow is in the upright position).

My trip axle has a grease fitting on each end.

You want the plow to trip over when it impacts an object or you push into a pile f snow.
I'm not at home to look at the blade and can't find a manual on-line, but how do I adjust the springs?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'm not at home to look at the blade and can't find a manual on-line, but how do I adjust the springs?
On mine (in the picture), the top spring mount is threaded with double nuts. You loosen the nuts and run the adjuster down until the spring is just loose (where you can twist it back and forth with your hand) and then lock the nuts down.