Tey are banned!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
this too will end up in the supreme court and perhaps overturned.

but then again - perhaps not.

Glad you love the man......

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Such a shame all you guys lost all your stuff in boating accident's :D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have no use for or love of bump stocks, but I think this is a bad idea because of the slippery slope effect.
I have never understood why they were legal without a tax stamp like class III stuff anyway. One actuation of the trigger results in multiple rounds....
If this survives court challenges, how are they going to verify destruction?
I'm pretty sure the couple people I know who have them have already destroyed theirs....:rolleyes:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Think you mean (they) not tey. Sounds Chinese to me...lol

Been discussing this on another forum I'm on, namely Smith and Wesson Forums. Can't you tell I like handguns....:D

My take on bump stocks is simply, they are a toy that someone who wants to appear macho buys and have no ethical use on any firearm, period.

Having said that it is an infringement to your rights granted under the Second Amendment (which is what the anti-gun crowd would love to set aside. Neither here nor there at this point because I don't think the ban will pass the litmus test in court anyway.

If it does, I don't see many of the approximately 260,000 bump stocks being turned in. especially with no compensation to the owners. I di see a nice black market springing up for the purchase of one at a very inflated price.

Far as I'm concerned they are worthless and I'd never have on, legal or not. Just like the BMF trigger actuator. No tangible or ethical reason to own one.

Back during the Obama years when everyone got scared that they would be loosing their semi-auto's, I sold 3 AK47's at local gun shows for 4 times what I paid for them, in cash and probably could have gotten more. What a worthless rifle. Cheap looking and very inaccurate. I did just fine. Wish I had a hundred to sell back then, I would have. Sold a multiple thousand rounds of 7.62 x 39 Wolf polyformance junk too, in sealed 'ham cans' for 2 times what I paid for it.

People are stupid when it comes to scare tactics.

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I noticed the spelling error right away when I looked at my post however, you cannot edit the title of a thread so it just stays the same unless a moderator changes it. I do not like bump stocks either. I believe in one shot one kill. There are far too many people who have that Rambo set of mind that they really need to lay down that much lead. There is simply no need for that because 90% or more of the rounds that you fire in full auto are going to miss the target. Once you have emptied your magazine you are not effective. Disciplined single-round fire is much more effective than fully automatic fire except in some circumstances during combat. Anyway, I just posted this in case some of you already lost your Bump stocks and needed to report them as either lost or broken. Have a great day folks.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I noticed the spelling error right away when I looked at my post however, you cannot edit the title of a thread so it just stays the same unless a moderator changes it. I do not like bump stocks either. I believe in one shot one kill. There are far too many people who have that Rambo set of mind that they really need to lay down that much lead. There is simply no need for that because 90% or more of the rounds that you fire in full auto are going to miss the target. Once you have emptied your magazine you are not effective. Disciplined single-round fire is much more effective than fully automatic fire except in some circumstances during combat. Anyway, I just posted this in case some of you already lost your Bump stocks and needed to report them as either lost or broken. Have a great day folks.
I was just poking fun at you. I do the same thing, mis type stuff and you cannot edit a thread title on this forum. You can on S&W Forums.com. Different running platform I guess.

You do realize that you can bump fire just about any semi-auto without a 'bump stock'? You use your belt loop on your pants. You hold the weapon at your waist, loosley hold the buttstock and put your finger in front of the trigger with your third finger in the belt loop. You trigger the first round, keeping your finger lightly on the trigger and the recoil starts the firing sequence until the magazine is empty. No accuracy but with a bump stock there is no accuracy either.

It works, I tried it with my Mini 14. Good noise maker, that is about it.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I was just poking fun at you. I do the same thing, mis type stuff and you cannot edit a thread title on this forum. You can on S&W Forums.com. Different running platform I guess.

You do realize that you can bump fire just about any semi-auto without a 'bump stock'? You use your belt loop on your pants. You hold the weapon at your waist, loosley hold the buttstock and put your finger in front of the trigger with your third finger in the belt loop. You trigger the first round, keeping your finger lightly on the trigger and the recoil starts the firing sequence until the magazine is empty. No accuracy but with a bump stock there is no accuracy either.

It works, I tried it with my Mini 14. Good noise maker, that is about it.
I didn't take it personally. I used to belong to this Smith & Wesson Forum but I haven't been on it in a very long time. I use the same username as on this website End I may have posted on the Smith & Wesson for him but I really don't remember. If I did post there it was infrequent. I own a Smith & Wesson 340pd. Is one of my favorite carry guns. But I do grass. I do realize that it is very easy to bump fire almost any semi-automatic firearm. There are also many ways to modify a semi-automatic to Fire full auto. However since I was in the army oh, and I have fired many fully automatic weapons including the Ma deuce, I don't feel the need to do that in civilian life. I had a full career in the Army and I enjoyed almost every day of it. But I have been a civilian now for more than 24 years and I'm also enjoying that.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I didn't take it personally. I used to belong to this Smith & Wesson Forum but I haven't been on it in a very long time. I use the same username as on this website End I may have posted on the Smith & Wesson for him but I really don't remember. If I did post there it was infrequent. I own a Smith & Wesson 340pd. Is one of my favorite carry guns. But I do grass. I do realize that it is very easy to bump fire almost any semi-automatic firearm. There are also many ways to modify a semi-automatic to Fire full auto. However since I was in the army oh, and I have fired many fully automatic weapons including the Ma deuce, I don't feel the need to do that in civilian life. I had a full career in the Army and I enjoyed almost every day of it. But I have been a civilian now for more than 24 years and I'm also enjoying that.
I thought you did (post on there), your screen name is familiar to me. Good friends with the administrator and a couple of the mods there. I like the forum, it's a very close knit group actually.

I'm a mustered out jarhead many, many years ago. My carry piece is either a Kimber full size Crimson carry or my Bond Snakeslayer 2 shot derringer. Usually the Bond because it fits in my pocket and the 45LC's pack a helluva punch.

This is a pretty good forum but not on par with S&WForums.Com but then with me, tractors are how I make a living and guns are for hunting, putting meat in the deep freeze and plinking with. Just keep hoping I can enjoy them without restraint for the rest of my life. Not so sure about the kids today having the same freedoms with firearms I've had.

I handgun hunt around here as a rule and long gun out west. Either a Model 29 44 Magnum or a 460 XVR long barrel. Like both wheelguns.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
It's funny that you should mention that you carry a Kimber Crimson carry. My wife carries a Kimber Crimson Carry II with the 3 inch barrel everyday. I am a fan of the 45 however, I don't like the weight. My wife can carry in her purse and the weight doesn't bother her, but I carry on the hip or in the pocket. Therefore, I prefer the Ruger LCP for pocket carry or the Smith & Wesson 340pd on the hip. As I mentioned before, I am a disciplined shooter so I tend not to carry high-capacity firearms. I do carry 100% of the time though. The only time that I Surrender my firearm is if I'm in a courthouse or State Building that requires me to surrender before I enter. That is very rare though.

spacemanspiff

Equipment
M5-111
Dec 4, 2015
Lower ,AL
I have no use for or love of bump stocks, but I think this is a bad idea because of the slippery slope effect.
I have never understood why they were legal without a tax stamp like class III stuff anyway. One actuation of the trigger results in multiple rounds....
If this survives court challenges, how are they going to verify destruction?
I'm pretty sure the couple people I know who have them have already destroyed theirs....:rolleyes:
You are wrong on the " One actuation of the trigger results in multiple rounds"

Even with bump stock, it's one round with the pull of the trigger.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

You are correct. The bump stock does nothing to make the rifle fully automatic. All that it does is enable you to fire rapidly without perceptably pulling the trigger. The 'kick' or recoil of the rifle is actually causing your trigger finger to actuate the firing sequence if you are applying the correct pressure to the trigger. The bump stock is not a mechanical device at all and as such should not be considered a device that enables full automatic firing.

Anyway, these things are being banned because it is an easy target for the libs in their quest to eventually ban firearms from law abiding citizens. This is the start of the slippery slope. I wish that there were enough people to object to this and cause a re-think on the subject but people are just not wired that way. Too bad for law abiding citizens.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I just came back in the house and was reading my emails. Of course I got a lot of emails while I was outside working and I responded to a couple of them. Above is an example of one that I responded to. When I am not near my computer I tend to use google voice to text to do my typing for me. Anyway, the above email is an example of my using google voice to text and it really did a number on what I said. If you look at one line in the above text you will see the words "But I do grass" what I actually said was "But I digress." I want it known here and now that I have never done grass. I do not smoke grass now or ever in my life. There are other errors in that post but they do not stand out as much as the one that says I do grass. That is funny though!

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
I don't own a bump stock either (couldn't afford to feed it) and I like most of the policies the President has ( wouldn't have liked Hil's) but I don't like that were on this slippery slope. Skeets I would't want one of those scary black ones either. i like tan, but my wife would look good with a scary one if she and i weren't so politically correct.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sigh. The effect (result) is the essentially the same.

As Armylifer stated:
You are correct. The bump stock does nothing to make the rifle fully automatic. All that it does is enable you to fire rapidly without perceptably pulling the trigger. The 'kick' or recoil of the rifle is actually causing your trigger finger to actuate the firing sequence if you are applying the correct pressure to the trigger. The bump stock is not a mechanical device at all and as such should not be considered a device that enables full automatic firing.
When I researched obtaining the proper permits & licensing (about 40yrs ago) to build a few "proof of concept" weapons, BATF regs seemed to be just vague enough to prevent ANY device or concept that would permit multiple firing per trigger pull OR THE OR THE SAME PERCEIVED EFFECT. That is why I have never understood why they weren't regulated as Class III. One of the concepts we planned on trying was the crank type multiple fire devices that are also not class III- but we were told that even though one turn of the crank depressed the trigger 5 separate times, the action was one revolution, and that constituted 5 shots for one action. (I.E. one revolution)
I assume that the current manufacturers have deeper pockets & better lawyers than we had.
That is what I base my statements on. BATF told us then that it wasn't just the action of multiple shots per trigger pull, but anything that resulted in the same perceived effect.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
It was only a matter of time.
And in time I believe the libs will figure out a way to ban every single freedom that we enjoy.
They don't want us to do anything fun.