"Stick" Rakes

Chucktin

Oct 22, 2018
East Central Florida
When I Google for a 3 point rake the results I get are overwhelmingly "Landscape" Rakes, then Tedders, De-Thatchers, and a few others.
Maybe one or two are classified as a "Stick Rake" which is what I'd term the true landscaping implement. And those Landscape Rakes are, to my eye, gravel rakes. (Bin' there, done that, don't want to make that mistake again!) Why is that?
Am I asking the wrong question?

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
A Pine straw rake is spaced to far apart for acorns. The tines are spaced roughly 2" apart. They work decent for sticks and twigs tho. I've been using 72" Titan PSR for leaves, and it works okay. Two passes on the same line, and it will pick up 80% of the leaves in that row. Beats the hell out of manually raking it, i'm not going for aesthetics anyway, just trying to get the majority up out of my front 2 acres, the rest I'll demolish with the ZTR. Top link length made a big difference in how well the rake worked.

The 72" Titan rake can be had for ~$300 and it's design is damn near the same as Everything Attachments, which is over $500.
The odd yellow paint job on the Titan is sub par for sure, but i give no concern to that vs the price of the competition. I can swing a rattle can if needed:D
https://www.palletforks.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=pine+needle+rake

This pic is during assembly, the tines are nice and straight once it's 100%.

Attachments

Last edited:

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
Funny I was just searching for the same. Something to clean the yard and gravel driveway of the sticks and branches from oaks and pines that litter it. Not sure if a landscape rake would work well or right.

What mistake did you make with one before?

Chucktin

Oct 22, 2018
East Central Florida
I purchased a "Landscape Rake" for a 3 point hitch. We had 6 acres and I had a grey market Yanmar 1510D. Quickl came to the conclusion that these were Gravel rakes
Tines we're 1x4 X 1 flat stock where I needed 1/4 diameter pins. Used all of once in 3 years.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sounds like you really need a yard sweeper to pick things up