Quick Hitch

mo old mike

Equipment
L2501, Land Pride attachments
Nov 16, 2018
Central Missouri
Hello all.

New here but been looking 3-4 times a week since I bought my L2501 in August of this year. Sold my last tractor 25 years ago.

This forum seems like a nice knowledgeable group of guys.

OK now for the help request. I am getting too old to push,pry, and kick around on 3-Point hook up. I'm going to buy a Quick-Hitch.

Have seen recommendations here for about every kind made but I have it narrowed down to 2. Both available local. Not messing with ordering.

1) Land Pride QH=10
2) JD I-Match

Both Cat-1 Do NOT want to mess with bushings. Any new purchases will be QH compatible.

Dealer wants $550 for Land Pride. $300 for JD I-match.

Big difference. I'm thinking I-Match (Paint will be required)

Will the I-Match work as well as Land Pride ?

Thanks for the help
Mike

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
PAT's quick hitch system W/ Spreader bar offers infinite width adjustment. Not so old yet, that connecting the top link is an issue. $169. W/ Amazon free shipping till Dec. 25. Many implements require separate PTO connection anyway.

EDIT: Mike, I can attest, if PAT's system is installed correctly, they are rock solid.

Last edited:

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Second the Pats I made my own ridged stabilizes or you can look at the ones Hodge makes

mo old mike

Equipment
L2501, Land Pride attachments
Nov 16, 2018
Central Missouri
Thanks for the reply.

Top Link is not an issue..I agree. Have the PTO Shaft to attach no matter what you get.

Looked at Pat's and watched the videos. It did not seem as solid as a QH. I have never seen one (In the Wild) to compare. Pat's definitely has an advantage with several kinds of attachments but I sold everything with the old tractor and now all my attachments have the QH label.

Will give Pat's another look

Mike

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I bought the weld ones and made new lift arms exactly same length as original with Pats welded on. Forgot to mention this earlier. Do not know how to post pictures on here but will be glad to text you some.

Last edited:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I bought a Land Pride QH15 from a local dealer for $375 that price you got on the QH10 seem really high. Several other members here say they use the Harbor Freight QH and it works great for a 100 bucks or less.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I bought a quick hitch a couple of years ago. I use it for my box blade and counterweight. Unfortunately if I use it with my PTO finish mower on some steep inclines it will bind up the driveshaft. I suspect this is a problem common on most quick hitches since the design is nearly identical across the board.
Other than that it does what it needs to and makes the hookup much easier.
......Unless it's a PTO implement where it puts yet another thing in the way.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Is JD I-Match proprietary for it's dimensions...i.e., not a "standard" Cat 1 QH? Means you end up with JD implements to match it?

Seems there's something rattlin' around in my old noggin'...and I may be wrong. Maybe some guys here can affirm or correct me. Just something to check on.

I have an $80 HF and it works fine. I think many low-end QH are from the same place.

Lot of guys like the Land Pride too. I remember the LP QH15 is much better than the 05 or 10 models, like the one Ed Ritchey has.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
I have the QH10 on my L3301 and also have the Kubota toplink kit. No issues BUT I only have Kubota LP implements for the 3point. LP says all of their stuff works on their QH.
That price is more inline with the larger QH15.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have the HF unit too. It works, but it is sized for Cat 2 pins. Rather than bushings, I just formed a short piece of 1" flat bar into a U shape and welded it in place. Repeat on the other side. Now I don't need bushings. :D

Whatever you get: HF, JD, Pats, etc. bear in mind that they all add 3 or 4" to the effective length of the arms, so potentially more strain on things and existing driveshafts could be too short, or at least, dangerously over-extended. Measure carefully.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I bought a quick hitch a couple of years ago. I use it for my box blade and counterweight. Unfortunately if I use it with my PTO finish mower on some steep inclines it will bind up the driveshaft. I suspect this is a problem common on most quick hitches since the design is nearly identical across the board.
Other than that it does what it needs to and makes the hookup much easier.
......Unless it's a PTO implement where it puts yet another thing in the way.
Yes same problem here with flail mower. Need a few more inches of clearance for going over uneven ground.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I have 3 of the Northern Tool quick hitches, the only thing that I don't like about them is the top hook because of the way they make the adjustment bracket too wide it interferes when your hooking up. I found one made by a company called Agri eeze with a different set up and is much more user friendly. What I ended up doing is cutting off the system mine had and making it similar to there's. So I guess what I saying is if your implements have a narrow top hook bracket be careful which unit you buy. Good Luck

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
And the most annoying thing is no standardization. When I bought my qh, it only fit one of my attachments, all the rest had to be slightly or major modified. Some were 1/2 too wide to fit the qh and some were 1/2 too narrow. At least now , they all fit. The only one I have to get off the tractor for is the rotary cutter, to hook up the pto shaft.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Forgot to mention, what I didn't know at the time I bought my first tractor was, all the pins, top and bottom, are different diameters from cat 1 to cat 3. Tractor supply has a chart above the parts bin for clevis pins and pto shafts. I took a picture of it for myself.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hello all.

New here but been looking 3-4 times a week since I bought my L2501 in August of this year. Sold my last tractor 25 years ago.

This forum seems like a nice knowledgeable group of guys.

OK now for the help request. I am getting too old to push,pry, and kick around on 3-Point hook up. I'm going to buy a Quick-Hitch.

Have seen recommendations here for about every kind made but I have it narrowed down to 2. Both available local. Not messing with ordering.

1) Land Pride QH=10
2) JD I-Match

Both Cat-1 Do NOT want to mess with bushings. Any new purchases will be QH compatible.

Dealer wants $550 for Land Pride. $300 for JD I-match.

Big difference. I'm thinking I-Match (Paint will be required)

Will the I-Match work as well as Land Pride ?

Thanks for the help
Mike

When you get to be my age, just getting into and out of my big M's is a chore...:D

I third the Pats system. I looked at a all sorts of QH designs and Pats looked to me to be the best and I use it hard. I'm Cat 2-3 and everything I hitch is either heavy or pulls hard. Never had any issue. I don't use the spreader bar. My sway links are designed to slide adjust.

One nice thing about my tractors is the end links telescope so I can unlatch them with the Pats and they allow about 4" of movement to get hitched.

Believe me, if it can be broken, I can break it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have a JD Haybine and I left it green, I'm colorblind....lol

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I added a HF Quick Hitch to my BX earlier this year - best addition so far!

I bought the Quick Connect bushings from TSC for $29 for my Carry All that I use the most. For the rest of my 3 point implements I just use cheap $3 Category 1 to Category 2 bushings/sleeves

That being said - I currently have no rotary/PTO implements, so I don't know how it effects drive shaft length on a PTO set-up...

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
I bought a Speeco which is the same as the HF one I believe. It sure beats wrestling with 3 pt arms and heavy implements when you just can’t anymore. It does add to the challenge of connecting a pto shaft but it’s still easier overall imho.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I bought a Speeco which is the same as the HF one I believe. It sure beats wrestling with 3 pt arms and heavy implements when you just can’t anymore. It does add to the challenge of connecting a pto shaft but it’s still easier overall imho.
Ive got the speeco QH as well but it doesnt fit all implements nicely. The price was right at the time but I wouldnt buy one again.

The top link is always going to require fiddling because it seems to be in a different position on all my implements.

I would consider buying the Pats quick hitch style to replace the speeco if I see them go on sale again. That and top-n-tilt.