(Pallet Forks) Little BX has a lot more grunt than I thought

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
...breathe...

Enjoy your forks, and have a Merry Christmas. :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You took only negatives out of my comments, that's sad.

I'm done. ;)

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
You will enjoy having a set of pallet forks, and you got them at a good price. They are clearly a light duty set of forks, weighing in at only at 300 lbs puts them at about 2500 lbs capacity. It is not just the thickness of the forks that determine a heavy duty or higher lift rating. The frame of those is skimpy, and particularly the unreinforced welds in the pics of the SSQA pockets, it is not stout looking, I would not want to put them on a skidder and see if they will lift 4000 pounds!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
NoBiffBetter, you found a bargain. If you got it home and it was to heavy for your specific tractor, it was still a bargain.

Tractor implements are items that only loose so much valve, then they are worth that amount until they hit the scrap pile. When you find a bargain it's like putting money in your savings account, and you can cash it any time you choose!

One have thing I learned. Don't let others get your goat. And it's real easy actually, just don't tell them where you tied it!!:D:D

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Thanks man you too, and a happy new year

Your place reminds me of mine. Everything is either on a pallet or on wheels for accessibility! Best purchase I ever made was pallet forks. I have used them 90% more than the bucket at this point. Only thing I would add is counterweight is your friend. 2 to 3 wheels are not! Happy Lifting :)

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
You got a great deal with those forks, I'm jealous that you have the skid steer coupler, my 2014 BX25D is a pinned on bucket so I got a pair of clamp on forks that I attach to my bucket but I put a 1/4" steel plate across my bucket before I clamp it to keep it from bending, as far as my little Kubota's lifting power I too set the pressure to 1950psi and I pick up 1/2 ton of wood pellets with no issue, these BX's are great little tractors.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA

I hate to bring up an old thread but I finally got my crane scale! Been wanting one for awhile.

I know there was a pretty big debate here on the weight of my pallet forks and the weight of my backblade.. I now have a crane scale which I tested before hand to make sure it was dialed in and quickly weighed my forks tonight just for the heck of it to try it out.

Exactly as I thought.. my forks weigh 320lbs.. I stated from the beginning that my forks seemed really heavy duty for a bx given the thickness of the forks and the width of the forks as well as the thickness of the steel used for the frame I knew they were a bit heavy for my little bx but for the price I don’t care haha. These forks to me are worth their weight in gold and iv gotten so much use out of them! Next is a grapple.

I stated a few times here that I figured the frame had to weigh at least 200lbs and the forks had to weigh around 80lbs each (this was my best guess and I am pretty good and feeling something out and guessing its weight is) was surprised I was as close as I was tho lol.

The weight of these forks is roughly 320lbs and I didn’t even have the tips all the way quite lifted up but I figured it was good enough.

I just thought I’d post this to anybody who stumbled across this thread and was curious on what my forks actually weighed.

I will be weighing my backblade soon as well and I will post the weight up on here with pics as Well.. my guess is that I prolly did overshoot the backblade just a touch but I guess we will find out.

Man I’m loving this new crane scale!
Thanks guys!

Soon I will be posting a video on YouTube of how much the kubota bx can lift and at what heights it can lift it at! But this is all for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
theres like a hundred pounds of chain below that scale though:)

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
These forums remind me of a place I worked. If co-worker knew he struck a nerve he'd stay on you till you cracked. It was entertainment. The OP was right; 300#.
On the SCALE of things - pretty heavy duty.

I used to laugh at the little BX's until I owned one and it LAUGHED AT ME!!!