Quick Hitch

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I've used and own both, and prefer the Pat's Easy Change system, especially with telescoping stabilizers. With the telescoping stabilizers and implements that are the same pin width, i never have to use the spreader bar that comes with the Pat's system.
The other advantage to Pat's, is space. the box frame QH's take up alot of valuable space when trying to hookup (wrestle with) a PTO shaft.
Both will add a few inches to the overall picture, so this needs to be accounted for with PTO shafts.
A negative to Pat's system in my experience, is the top link. Because your lower links get extended and the top doesn't, you lose length adjustment, which takes away angles on things like box scrapers. I changed my top link to a longer CAT2 top link with bushings that i staked in place, so i could still have aggressive angling with my box blade.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
SRG ,

You offer valuable insight

I do not own and not interested in a QH A frame, that said I own and value PAT's system. I do use the spreader bar.

The A Frame would seem to be space restrictive, complicate PTO connection.

I have factory lower link adjustable extensions. I question if they would still work independently w/ this A Frame??

As far as top link length, mine is hydraulic w/ ample stroke, so no issue.

I manually lock the PAT's system after connection but doubt I could reach the QH A Frame levers from my seat, so dismount regardless.

Again, SRG , great post !!.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Congratulations guys. I am not even more confused than when I started.

Pat' Read horrible reviews on it.
LP- Expensive but works?
JD- too proprietary in size?
HF- Cheap, you get what you pay for..

Apparently none of these work well with mowers?

I have a Countyline rake, want a landshark land plane, and a titan Flail mover for my BX25. -That said... what should I get? I am willing to pay a higher price for plug and play without frustration.

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I bought the weld ones and made new lift arms exactly same length as original with Pats welded on. Forgot to mention this earlier. Do not know how to post pictures on here but will be glad to text you some.
Can you give more info on the weld on dealys? All i have ever seen in the aftermarket are Cat2 weld-ons.

mo old mike

Equipment
L2501, Land Pride attachments
Nov 16, 2018
Central Missouri
Lots of information to absorb.

Looking hard at Pat's.But it appears to me I will need to add Mark's or Kubota lower stabilizer links to get full benefit.

Found a local guy that has a LP. Going to look at it and try it out.

Thanks to all that replied.

Mike

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
My 2 cents, I have a QH-15 on my L2501. Love it, very easy to use.
Did you get the Floating Top Link kit for your QH-15? Do you use a rotary cutter or rear finish mower? I have the same tractor and quick hitch and am still trying to figure out if I need the floating top link kit that Kubota says I do for those attachments. Dealer has no clue.

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Looking hard at Pat's.But it appears to me I will need to add Mark's or Kubota lower stabilizer links to get full benefit.

Mike
Not a need or necessity. It just makes it super nice.
The spreader bar that Pat's comes with, works very well too.

But i will say, you're missing out if you don't have telescoping stabilizers.:D

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
still trying to figure out if I need the floating top link kit that Kubota says I do for those attachments. Dealer has no clue.
My LP finish mower came with the floating top link. It was also considered "quick hitch ready". I would think that any implement hooked to the 3 point which has to move with the ground on wheels needs the floating top link to prevent binding. The mower won't stay parallel to the ground if the top link doesn't float. I suppose it MAY work on extremely flat surfaces but you would be putting a lot of force on the mounting brackets on the mower. The 3 point would most likely handle it.....but the attachments would be subjected to the weight of the tractor.

Last edited:

NewtoOrange

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Pleasant Plains, Il. USA
Did you get the Floating Top Link kit for your QH-15? Do you use a rotary cutter or rear finish mower? I have the same tractor and quick hitch and am still trying to figure out if I need the floating top link kit that Kubota says I do for those attachments. Dealer has no clue.

I had dealer install it before i bought it and I also bought rotary cutter so pretty sure Floating came on it. I agree with others that to follow the ground floating is needed. Only adjustment I needed to make was to top arm to make certain mower was sitting at the correct angle, basically front an inch or so lower than rear discharge.

Clarification: Upon further review, my floating link is actually attached to the rotary cutter not the quick hitch. So when I drop the mower the floating link stays with it.

Attachments

Last edited:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
With that setup you should be good to go without the kit

I had dealer install it before i bought it and I also bought rotary cutter so pretty sure Floating came on it. I agree with others that to follow the ground floating is needed. Only adjustment I needed to make was to top arm to make certain mower was sitting at the correct angle, basically front an inch or so lower than rear discharge.

Clarification: Upon further review, my floating link is actually attached to the rotary cutter not the quick hitch. So when I drop the mower the floating link stays with it.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Ah! At the end of the manual they have the following on Operating and Transporting position of the Floating Top Link. I thought this part was specific to the QH-20 part of the manual but I think it covers all the models. In the first pic I see that the attachment has a "Implement Top Link" which does articulate. The Kit I now see that I need attaches to the QH-15 and connects directly to the Implement Top Link. In my case it will be the RCR1860 like in the pic above, and the FDR1660, which also has an articulating top link.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Ah! At the end of the manual they have the following on Operating and Transporting position of the Floating Top Link. I thought this part was specific to the QH-20 part of the manual but I think it covers all the models. In the first pic I see that the attachment has a "Implement Top Link" which does articulate. The Kit I now see that I need attaches to the QH-15 and connects directly to the Implement Top Link. In my case it will be the RCR1860 like in the pic above, and the FDR1660, which also has an articulating top link.
This is the way I have my shredder setup. The extra floating top link adds a little time to hooking up but you have to get off the tractor anyway to hook drive shaft.