Has anyone tried welding chain hooks onto a piranha tooth bar?

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Title pretty much says it all. I got some good feedback from the other site that it might not be a good idea. Thanks

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Title pretty much says it all. I got some good feedback from the other site that it might not be a good idea. Thanks
rather than weld to the bar, weld on a slab of steel and bolt it TO the bucket, yes it will get clogged up and stuff with dirt or whatever.....but it will serve the purpose - and you can take them off if need be- true there will be a few holes in your bucket.....but wth .....aint like you are transporting water!:D

picture shown is bolted on top side of bucket, but you get the picture, two grade 8 bolts .....booya .....solved!

Attachments

Last edited:

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
rather than weld to the bar, weld on a slab of steel and bolt it TOO the bucket, yes it will get clogged up and stuff with dirt or whatever.....but it will serve the purpose - and you can take them off if need be- true there will be a few holes in your bucket.....but wth .....aint like you are transporting water!:D

picture shown is bolted on top side of bucket, but you get the picture, two grade 8 bolts .....booya .....solved!
Sounds like a plan. Thanks for your input guys!

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
rather than weld to the bar, weld on a slab of steel and bolt it TOO the bucket, yes it will get clogged up and stuff with dirt or whatever.....but it will serve the purpose - and you can take them off if need be- true there will be a few holes in your bucket.....but wth .....aint like you are transporting water!:D

Hmm....Bolt-On Grab Hooks, whooda thunk it?;)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
On top of bucket there are things to consider.
At either side of bucket, lifting heavy objects can upset tractor.
Putting one hook in center of bucket can bend the bucket, so a full length piece to strengthen the bucket would be better.
Ask me how i know this? Been there done dat.
Bucket is cracked and distorted. Was done before i got near it.

I reccomend using hooks on side of bucket, two chains or one long enough to center load.

Doesent matter how you do it, having hooks there is darn handy.
(So is a hitch ball)
One friend has a reciever tube welded inside floor of bucket.
Just need to clean it out to use it.

rdeist

Equipment
Bx23TLB
Feb 13, 2014
Bend, Oregon USA
Check out my pictures for a system I use. With the bucket bracket any hitch stinger can
be inserted with ball, shackles, chain hooks, etc. All is added to bucket is picking eyes
on each end of bucket. They allow all kinds of items to be used.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
I ended up going with Ken's "Bolt-on-Hooks" and couldn't be happier. They were a breeze to install and are very beefy, certainly couldn't lift anything close to their capacity. Ken is great to deal with. His service really impressed me. Remember to read the instructions. They're under the foam. Thanks Ken!

rdeist, your system looks very cool also!