What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Installed the 24" titan thumb.

I was concerned about stressing the dipper stick since they don't sell a thumb for this model but as it turns out, the mounting plate pretty much spans the length of the dipper stick so there is no real concern of bending.

I did find that the original pin locations didn't appear to allow the thumb to extend far enough in my opinion so I added another set on the brace mounting and the thumb pivot point. Installed it yesterday and quite happy with the results, and surprised how much it can lift.... If the bucket and thumb can get around it, it will hold and lift it without an issue. I can see that it would be easy to tip the tractor if you made sudden movements holding a large rock, with the boom at maximum swing but there are lots of ways to tip a tractor.

Pretty happy over all, I may notch the bottom of the thumb for the centre tooth at some point so it will close against the shell of the bucket but so far it seems to do quite well. I may try making one for the JD400, it would be nice to be able to lift 1000lb rocks and have more reach but for $150 I am very happy with this.
At some point you will probably get tired of getting on and off to adjust that thumb...it is easy to plumb up a ram...and man that thing comes in handy!
5680BFDB-7ED3-49ED-8A19-91C15E52B984.jpg

C3953262-F318-4E0C-BB3E-316FF26275E8.jpg

1A10D20A-9A0A-4DE8-8928-1E9BD601EC00.jpg

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Put the deck back on for room in the garage ... deck was on about 1/2 hr neighbor down the street saw tractor outside he as been gone all winter came home to his pickup truck laughing at him thinking it could plow the ice pack....

Took the deck back off used front end loader to clean out his 2 driveways :D

First fill up since delivery, at the pump $13.40 worth

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Installed the 24" titan thumb.

I was concerned about stressing the dipper stick since they don't sell a thumb for this model but as it turns out, the mounting plate pretty much spans the length of the dipper stick so there is no real concern of bending.

I did find that the original pin locations didn't appear to allow the thumb to extend far enough in my opinion so I added another set on the brace mounting and the thumb pivot point. Installed it yesterday and quite happy with the results, and surprised how much it can lift.... If the bucket and thumb can get around it, it will hold and lift it without an issue. I can see that it would be easy to tip the tractor if you made sudden movements holding a large rock, with the boom at maximum swing but there are lots of ways to tip a tractor.

Pretty happy over all, I may notch the bottom of the thumb for the centre tooth at some point so it will close against the shell of the bucket but so far it seems to do quite well. I may try making one for the JD400, it would be nice to be able to lift 1000lb rocks and have more reach but for $150 I am very happy with this.
Nice! I used their 16" bolt on thumb for my backhoe, but is a small unit than yours.

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L3901 FEL, BH, GRAPPLE, PALLET FORK, SNOW PLOW and Hard Canopy
Sep 1, 2018
ID
It was a Beautiful day today, so I started building a road around my property.
I had lots of fun until exhaustion kicked in so it was time to relax, so pictures were next to post on OTT.

And the ending encore with the removal of this BFS!

The BX has been a wonderful machine so far, nothing gets in its way, trees, stumps, etc.:)

Last edited:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Not a darn thing.... Wish I was on my Orange, but have been working 16's for the last 11 days.....

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
I picked up my new BX1823 FEL, MMM, Quick attach bucket on Monday of this week. So getting to know it the last few days. It’s an awesome little machine! Last night I started the land pride 3rd function valve install. Will finish that today. The grapple comes next week!

Grodrianst

Equipment
L3430 with FEL and belly mower
Nov 22, 2018
St. Louis area
Finally got her moved to our Michigan property. Took the advice given here and did the transport in two packages. Both vehicles are stuck here in about a foot of icy slop. After a 9 hour drive, took another 2.5 hours to clear a path to the barn. The upside is I got to spend that 2.5 hours on the tractor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Had fun using the grapple, cutting trees and burning. Only problem is I worked from 7am till 6pm and when I finally got back to the camp and went to get out of the tractor the first thing I asked myself as I limped to the door was what the hell was I thinking. Yep, age is hard to ignore these days.:eek:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Slow lazy start today. 1-1/2 year old Granddaughter is bunking here for several days. Made her some Grandpa cheese eggs. Beautiful outside but we had a big rain a couple days ago and the front yard is still a temporary duck pond. Two drake mallards there yesterday. Everything that is not paved is very soft. Not quite warm enough to resume work on the RFM restoration because it is not warm enough to paint. Replaced the pump on the pressure washer yesterday so maybe I can tinker with that and do some cleaning.

Alderman

Mar 10, 2019
Put the Harbor Freight quick hitch on for the first time and tried out the new box scraper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Since it is so sloppy, with the snow and mud all mixed together, plowing and most other tractor work has come to a standstill.
With that in mind, I pulled off the rear chains just to have it done.

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Finally got a nice day!:D My field around my house was firm enough to do some tractoring at last.

Spent the day cutting up deadfall from a storm we had a month ago then shoved it out in the field and burned it. Life is good.

Attachments

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Those 2 conifers by your windmill are looking a bit tough....:)
They are two varieties of juniper bush. The darker ones are the typical Pyramidal and the others are a variety called Golden juniper. The Golden variety sheds in the spring then turns a bright yellow color. Hard to tell in the picture but they are all quite healthy and about twice as tall as I was told they would get.

And yes, they are all coniferous but the Goldens can be foolers.;)