L3830 servo bypass pipe ?

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Today while using my L3830 the ( servo bypass ) pipe failed , sitting on the tractor looking forward it failed on the left side. The bypass pipe runs over the top of the transmission to the right side my question is has anyone replaced this pipe ? Did you have to remove or at least raise the drivers floorboard ? I’ll take any info you may want to share on this task. This is going to be an interesting fix.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Servo bypass pipe????????????

No such thing.

Are you talking about the GST pipe?

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Servo bypass pipe????????????

No such thing.

Are you talking about the GST pipe?
Well I’m just going by the parts guys at Kubota call it the servo bypass line it’s on a L3830 HST. I removed the pipe now as usual I’m waiting 5 to 7 business days for the parts to arrive.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm sorry that is right, in the Parts listing it just calls it a pipe. :eek:

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Did you have to remove the seat platform? Perhaps you want to document the steps to help others in the future.

Hope the install goes smoothly.

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Did you have to remove the seat platform? Perhaps you want to document the steps to help others in the future.

Hope the install goes smoothly.
I’ve been taking photos along the way I’ll post after job completed, The job is going smoothly it’s just time but I have plenty of that being retired .

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Hi Daniel - Congrats on being retired - nice to have time to do things at controlled speed. (I'm retired too)

On the earlier Lxx10 machines the HST had that external pipe and they did call it a bypass - it brought charge pump flow directly to the regulator and servo piston. On the Lxx30's the HST and clutch housing were combined, but an external pipe still brought oil to the regulator and servo piston.

In the attached pic from the Lxx30 WSM it looks like, if both ends were disconnected, it might worm out of there under the floor - toward one side. The WSM shows taking the whole tractor apart - but it often isn't necessary to go that far.

Did something hit the line? If they leak it's usually from mechanical damage. As of the Lxx40's the flow passage moved inside - a cleaner look, and maybe less exposed :D Hope yours cooperates.

Take care, Dick B.

Attachments

Last edited:

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
The line broke just inside the fitting at the end of the collar that tightens around the line when fitting is tightened , I think it’s just one of those things that happens. I was lucky that when it broke I didn’t have the front loader on the tractor and it was where I could back my equipment trailer up to the tractor and winch it on . The line and fittings won’t be here till the end of the week but I’m ready for them.

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Well finally Kubota called my parts are in and I’ll start putting the tractor back together today not a tough job just very time consuming and lots of tight areas for my hands to fit into. This is the first time I’ve had to order parts for my Grand L3830 have you guys had to wait 7 business days for parts ? I understand they can’t have all parts in inventory but sure seams 7 days to receive them is a bit much.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well finally Kubota called my parts are in and I’ll start putting the tractor back together today not a tough job just very time consuming and lots of tight areas for my hands to fit into. This is the first time I’ve had to order parts for my Grand L3830 have you guys had to wait 7 business days for parts ? I understand they can’t have all parts in inventory but sure seams 7 days to receive them is a bit much.
I order all my parts in, and 7 days is about the norm. ;)

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Tractor is all back together and no transmission leak , I***8217;ll be using it this Friday to plant a couple food plots and prepare some ground for corn and tomatoes spring has sprung in Southern California (Ventura County).The repair was time consuming but my 4 year old granddaughter and I had some fun and both learned a few things in the process.

Attachments