Plowing snow with the L3010

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
So this is the first winter with my L3010, and so far i've plowed 2 snowstorms that consisted of light powdered snow about 10-12 inches each time. I have quite a long driveway with a mild grade so I have been plowing in mid range (hydro). Don't get me wrong, i love this tractor, but I am a bit dissapointed in it's plowing ability due to I find I can't even plow my driveway without loosing pushing power. I have it turning about 2300 but still seems to die soon as the bucket fills and starts pushing any distance. I'm kind of scared to see what it's going to be like in heavy snow :confused: I know I can choose low gear which it may end up to that, but I was wondering if anyone elese with this size tractor finds the same with theirs? The tractor works like a top for everything I go to do, this is just a bit dissapointing. Maybe it's something i'm doing wrong?

camer

Nov 5, 2009
mi.
i push snow with mine its a 3130 and have no problem. you have to let off the pedal some to gain more power. the harder you press the pedal the more power you will lose. if you still have a problem leave the bucket off the ground a little and make a second pass.

rednecklimo85

Equipment
78 B6100E(brush hog, boxblade, snowplow) 85 B7200DT(loader and backhoe)
Oct 24, 2009
torrington,ct
my B7200 will push a full bucket of snow in high gear and loose traction long before it looses power. I agree with the above poster however, those hydro machines put out the most torque at light pedal positions. Think of light pedal as first gear and full pedal as 4th gear. My lawn mower is hydro and its amazing to give it just a little pedal and pull anything considering the tires hold

nkcblue

Equipment
L3400DT, 94 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins, 01 Fatboy
Oct 29, 2009
Platte City, Missouri, USA
Hey Brokers, hope you can figure out the right formula for your plowing. I have a L3400dt and it nevers loses power while plowing. I do have trouble sliding sideways with the rear plow when it gets too deep, then I use the FEL. Great machines but a little lite for heavy snow.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
This is why I love a gear tractor, I never loose power. Its just one big gear box. My own is a B6100 I use will plow up will without a problem. My dad has an L275 with a FEL and 6ft blade and he can run hills without a problem either. Oh and the tractor walking sideways while plowing snow is normal since your trying to pull in a stright line with an angled blade on a slick surface.

Leroy

Equipment
L3010
Jan 13, 2010
Warwick Md
I also am having the same problem with my L3010. I was told you could turn up the fuel to give more power does anyone know how? I know that there is a screw with a nut an wire going though it and was told that turning it would help with more fuel and power

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Think i'm catching on to it now :D I just was trying to go to fast I guess and soon as I slack off the pedal a bit, plenty of power. Pretty good when you sit around hoping it will snow just so you can plow isn't it :eek:. Just came in from plowing tonight actually, got a couple inches today...gota love it

By the way, I have my eye on a used Sno-Lander 320 5 ft blower. Anyone know if you can still get parts for them? Looks as if they went out of buisness in the 80's if i'm understanding correctly, but I am hoping you can match then up with another brand ?

Last edited:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
vic, with that kind of adamant warning, I wish you had been my father when I was a teenager. Could have saved me a lot of grief. (lol)

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Got my first attachment today and it'll help take care of the snow too :D. Looks little rough because it sat outside for about 6-7 years not being used, but bought it and brought it home, hooked it up and no problems at all. Paid $300 for it and think it was well worth it once i get a coat of paint on it this summer. It's a Sno-lander 320 model

Snowblower 1.JPG

Snowblower 2.JPG

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Looks like a good deal. It's rusty but it does'nt look all banged up. You can do a lot of fixing on that one before you ever come close to half the price of a new one.:cool: Dusty