Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Homebrew Biodiesel Motorcycle Sets Land Speed Record ***8211; At 56 MPH
By Keith Barry Gear
Date of Publication: 09.27.11
Time of Publication: 8:30 am...
Yep and John is back at it. Here is a build report of his new bike based on a Harley.

http://suckindiesel.com/thingy/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2902

honestly... and John knows it..... there is dozen of diesel bikes out there that would shatter his records..... just those folk don't give a shiat to do so. We love his doing this for it gives credence to us crazy guys who put diesel engines into our motorcycles.

Here is another one to follow.... a KUBOTA Diesel KLR with a Christini 2wd drive adaption too

http://www.adventuremotorcycle.com/...es/966-bikes-kawabota-diesel-klr#.VhSjVnVdUW0

https://www.facebook.com/OddBike/posts/835550893195039 (this article gives usefull Kubota Turbo info)

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
PS- my Diesel bike is nearly finished. Named it a Tribota Tiger (1997 Triumph Tiger w/ D722 and CVT)

It is in TX where I use to live at a friends place who is a genius with fabrication etc. He's done his part now I got to do mine........ problem is...... I'm in OH now and can't afford time off (pd by the hour essentially) to go get it:mad::mad::mad:

If anyone in here is coming north From TX for any holidays... consider helping out?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I would truly like to see pics of your build and info on that bad girl. That motor cant be any bigger than my Twin Cam. So I bet it would go really nice in a bagger frame :D

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I would truly like to see pics of your build and info on that bad girl. That motor cant be any bigger than my Twin Cam. So I bet it would go really nice in a bagger frame :D
There is an old build thread in here. Most of it is at suckindiesel.com/thingy Think you have to join to see the pics though.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Crap that's my KLR with a bota engine in it.

2008 was the only year they used that color scheme . They were the first of that series of KLR generations. They were habitual oil drinkers due to crappy rings. mine is punched out to a 685. ironically it is the tractor of motorcycles!

Should have put a diesel in!

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
... ironically it is the tractor of motorcycles!

Should have put a diesel in!
Agree you should have put a diesel in it. There were several low grunt tractorish bikes. The era of Triumph Tiger triples would certainly be in that category.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK now I may have asked this before , but is there any body that makes an OEM diesel bike for the highway?

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
OK now I may have asked this before , but is there any body that makes an OEM diesel bike for the highway?
There was a company from Norway?

Produced the Track 800. Unfortunately he could not keep the bike competitively priced as a small company and went out of biz (for now)

http://www.dieselbike.net/T800CDI/T800CDI.html

There are a few guys around the US who build diesel bikes for people.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
HDT produced this bike... butttt.... there is very few ever actually made. Saw one for sell on Ebay. It's the only real one I've ever seen that appeared to be legit military bike.

The company made more ATV's for the military than the diesel bike. I suspect they made something else off the books for the military or they just milked the USA via grants and produced nothing besides lined pockets. I've got a friend that went by their plant on many occasions and it was always oddly non productive with dusty displays. I'm shit loads less conspiracy theory on this than others.

The company with all its plans and tooling was sold to a manufacture in India a year or two ago. (articles on the net are clear on this). it's gone silent since.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I have seen so KLR's with a diesel stock engine on KLR websites. I think they were a military bike and don't remember the country of origin.
Bike you mention is the HDT (Hayes Diversified Technology?) mentioned in thread above this one. Produced in USA.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
you guys might like this one too. It is the Track 800 as mentioned earlier but with new skins to make it a Cafe style. Engine like all the Tracks is basically a Mercedes 3cyl like used in the Diesel SMart. OEM drive train is a CVT drive from CVtech out of Canada to a shaft drive system sourced from BMW.

This one was re-built for Hormel foods as PR stunt. Runs on Bacon Grease (Bio-D 100%)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lJIhAVIH2A

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
This one was re-built for Hormel foods as PR stunt. Runs on Bacon Grease
Nope, I'd have to have a stock T800 (wouldn't have enough bacon grease left over to make it to the nearest butcher!)

How many were produced, and how many do you think are on the road?

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Nope, I'd have to have a stock T800 (wouldn't have enough bacon grease left over to make it to the nearest butcher!)

How many were produced, and how many do you think are on the road?
Track's that made it to USA..... I think maybe two or three at the most. Same for Canada.

In UK area.... maybe 100?

Don't forget though that the Royal Enfield diesel (conversion) has been around for a good 40? years in India.