Help with my B7000D pto

thorpboy

Feb 22, 2015
Thorp, WA
The gray market tiller behind my B7000D works great for about 15-20 minutes, but then won't turn with even the slightest amount of resistance. Anybody know what's up with my pto to cause that? The tiller is fine, but the pto won't rotate when the tines hit the ground after a while.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The gray market tiller behind my B7000D works great for about 15-20 minutes, but then won't turn with even the slightest amount of resistance. Anybody know what's up with my pto to cause that? The tiller is fine, but the pto won't rotate when the tines hit the ground after a while.
you say "works great" as if it will work again? Or it worked and now it will not? I would suspect that the shear pin is sheared, I cannot imagine what in the pto would cause it to work and then not as heat should not be a factor.

There should be a "slip clutch" or a shear pin in the system - When it engages the ground, does the pto shaft spin still? Does the pto ON the end of the tractor still spin?
report back with your findings

thorpboy

Feb 22, 2015
Thorp, WA
After awhile the pto shaft just stops turning when the tines hit the dirt. If I let it sit for a few hours, it works fine again. I'm suspecting a heat issue, but maybe it's my pto pump?

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
There is no such thing as a PTO pump on your tractor. Hokie has it right. Look for a broken shear pin or a slip clutch that is bad or misadjusted. I can think of nothing inside your tractor that could cause such issues. The PTO is all gear drive. It would either work or not.