M9000 hyd. shuttle.

bonnie lee jones

Equipment
M9000 Tractor
Dec 13, 2009
Grand Rivers,ky.
We own a 2003 Kubota M9000 with a hyd. shift. Have operators and shop manuel. Neither one contains any information on the hyd. shuttle shift. Need help on finding information. It would be greately appreciated.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The Hydraulic shuttle on your M9000 is simply two multiple disc clutches, one for forward and one for reverse, that are actuated by hydraulic pressure. They take the place of a standard clutch, and are operated just like any other clutch from the drivers perspective. The feature it provides over a regular clutch is the ability to shift "on the go" from forward to reverse! In fact you can do so without even using the "clutch" pedal due to the modulating effect that is built in. The multiple disc clutches run in the transmission oil and last significantly longer than a standard clutch because of the excellent lubrication and cooling of the oil. they require no maintenance except regular changing of the transmission oil and filter and there are no adjustments required like with a standard clutch. The hydraulic shuttle is a major step forward in tractor design especially for loader equipped tractors. There is almost nothing you can do as an operator to break it. It will not hurt it to just shift it into forward or reverse without using the pedal, in fact it probably is better because it will spend less time slipping. Also no problem going from forward to reverse and back again without the pedal, but hang on! That tractor is almost bulletproof, look after it and it'll last a long long time!
Ed

bonnie lee jones

Equipment
M9000 Tractor
Dec 13, 2009
Grand Rivers,ky.
hyd.shift & loader work fine 1st. couple minutes then become sluggish. Work fine after warmed up for several minutes. Changed oil & filters, bled system by operators manuel instructions. Filters are tight. When draining fluid, I also removed drain plug for removing water from dry cluch. I didn't know it had a wet cluch. Got about a quart of fluid from that plug hole. Is that normal? Tractor has 450 hrs. on it. Tractor acts like it is getting air from somewhwre. Help!

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
What oil do you have in the transmission?
It is not uncommon to find a little oil in the Flywheel housing but a liter seems to much! There are 4 places oil can come from to be in there. The rear engine seal, the transmission input shaft seal, Front wheel drive shaft seal and the front axle pinion seal. the last two are most common.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I'll almost bet that if you put super udt in there the problem will go away. I agree with the dealer that your tractor doesn't NEED super udt, but if you want to just jump on it and have it work good cold and hot it'll always be better with the super. It doesn't hurt your Kubota to be sluggish when cold, it is just a customer satisfaction thing. I know you don't get as cold there as we do in Alberta but our hyd shuttle and powershift transmissions work better with super udt even in the summer!
Ed

bonnie lee jones

Equipment
M9000 Tractor
Dec 13, 2009
Grand Rivers,ky.
Thanks for the info. eserv. If this doesn't work, is there a easy way to check for air getting into hyd. system? I assume it has to be on the suction side of the hyd. pump. Line between oil reservior & pump? Greately appreciate your time & effort.

BDS

Equipment
M9000
May 9, 2013
Martinsville, VA
I just thru this section looking for an answer. I have an 05 m9000 that is has 527 hours and it's seems to be straining when pulling a conditioner. I have went thru the manual with no luck. Did using super udt fluid fix the problem?

KubotaL185DT

Equipment
L185 4x4, L245H, M5140HD, Case 580B Hoe, JD350 Dozer, JD LX178,
May 6, 2010
Northern Calif
I just thru this section looking for an answer. I have an 05 m9000 that is has 527 hours and it's seems to be straining when pulling a conditioner. I have went thru the manual with no luck. Did using super udt fluid fix the problem?
I know this is an old thread but Did using super udt fluid fix the problem?

KubotaL185DT

Equipment
L185 4x4, L245H, M5140HD, Case 580B Hoe, JD350 Dozer, JD LX178,
May 6, 2010
Northern Calif
Did it help the your problem