Front Blade

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Latest project is a fel mounted blade for snow. This is just a very simple blade, it does not angle. The loader is off of my old B7200 and I just don't think it is strong enough to take that kind of pressure. Also the quick attach plate is not heavy enough. The reason I am building this is because the bucket is 48 in and the tractor is 51 in wide. Very annoying when I am pushing snow. Anyway here nare some pics.:D dusty

Attachments

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Look a like muscle man's blade~!!!:D:D
Nice job. You are sooooo smart man...!

Have you pushing forward yet?

Mine is working good too. but I have a long distance to push the snow.
so it always leaves wind row.
So, I'm thinking to put wings on each end to carry snow all the way.

and here are some questions;
1. Should I make the wing in 90 degree? or 45 degree in angle?
2. How big wing should I build?
3. Should I make multi-angle adjustable?
4. Should I make in square? or a half moon shape?
5. I want it to detachable wing too but what do you think?

I have 6' snow blade.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
Well, I don't know.... I'm not happy with the your color scheme of gun metal gray/black with brown haphazardly scattered about. Personally, I would have gone with Orange!! Othere than that, it looks great to me :cool:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Ya Greg I wasn't real happy with the color scheme either but Kubo orange was 20 miles away so it got painted black. Joe, multi angle adjustable for sure. If you are going to the trouble of building extensions you might as well get as much versatility as possible. As far as them being removable that should not be a problem, just have them hinging on one long pin with a mechanical adjuster for angle. Thanks for the responses. :D dusty

Attachments

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Dusty good to see you back. Blade looks great I know you need it where you live. Man the only thing I regret when I look at you guys botas is I should have probably waited on a four wheel drive:confused:Wonder how hard it would be to change my 2 wheel over to a 4 wheel? Anybody ever done that one? Got me thinking.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I've been kicking around the idea of bolting on either a 1/4'' or 1/2'' thick piece of rubber to the bottom of my rear blade to cut down on rough bumping in an effort to decrease the impact on the rear blade if I should once again hit a manhole cover like I did on saturday when I was plowing in the neighborhood street. My thought process is to have a hunk of rubber 1/4 to 1/2 thick about 4 to 6 inches wide and run it the length of the blade and have it about 1/2 to 1 inch below the blade. What do you fellows seem to think? Less likely to tear up asphalt driveway or even gravel for that matter.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Guys thanks for the replies. Handyman I am thinking it would be cheaper and easier to change tractors than to try to find all the parts you would need. I think you would need a lot more than just the front axle. Eric the idea with the rubber strip sounds good to me. Wear would be a big factor. But there is a place around here that sells used belting off of big conveyors really cheap. For loose snow it should work alright but I wouldn't expect too much in heavy snow unless you went to a much harder rubber strip. Then the cost factor comes into play. Anyway Merry Christmas Guys :D dusty

jb62901

Sep 8, 2009
Cassopolis, Mi. SW Corner Mi.
Dusty looks like another job well done, guess We can't stop those builds. We have had only one 8" snow fall in SW Mi. thus far. My home built front blade did what I thought to be a great job and the back blade is good for the loose ends. John

Happy Holidays To All,

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks JB. We haven't had much snow either. I have been out 5 or 6 times. But nothing really heavy. I haven't had a chance to use the blade much. It actually tips forward enough that I can use the top of the blade to pull snow away from tight spots. I didn't plan it that way but thats how it turned out. I really like building things and seeing how other people do things really helps.:Ddusty