New to the Forum and just upgraded my Kubota

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Just found the forum..

I had been running a Kubota L185DT to death for the last 6 years, actually the Ole' Gal had over 25,ooo hours and still started every cold snowy morning and threw snow for our 1 mile of road..
I put a 60" Farm King blower on it, and was barely making it down the road dripping oil all the way :p As long as I was out there and never let the snow get deeper then 6 inches I did ok..
During the Summer I was using a SBX-60" Brush Hog Box Scraper to keep the road in shape... Along with a 60" Rear blade and the FEL I did a little work with it..

The week before Christmas we got hit with over 3 feet of snow, and I finally decided to bite the bullet and trade off the 1979 L185DT and get more power..
I found a 1997 L3600DT that had just cracked 1000 hours, we traded just the tractors and FEL's I kept all the old implements..

Searching on the net I found several L3600DT's that were quite comparable to mine that were all listed within $1000 of each other..

Just got the blower all tweaked onto the L3600 today and tried it out on some snow clean up around the pole barn and driveway.. Seems to work fantastic, as there is plenty of power now to the PTO, looking at the specs the L185 was running 11 hp back there and the L3600 is pushing 31 hp so it feels as if there is no load at all..

Deal wise the selling price of the L3600DT was $12,500 they gave me $2250 for the L185DT that the front wheel literally was falling off of going up the trailer ramp as we were trading at the front of the road..
I think it was a fair deal myself..

The Old Lady

IMG_3932.jpg

The Spring Chicken

IMG_3959.jpg

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT, and that is a nice upgrade!
This is a great group of people, and you should fit in nicely. There is a huge amount of wisdom here, and I am sure that you will bring a lot to the table yourself. Looking forward to hearing more about life out west, and all of that snow. Some action photos would be fun.

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Yes sir you did 25130 IIRC when I drove her down the road for the last time, begging all the deities that would listen for the front wheel to stay in one piece :p

I really should have taken a pic of the Hour meter :( now that I think about it

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
First chance to try out the new Tractor, we got about 6 inches of wet heavy snow overnight..

What used to take 3 1/2- 4 hours to do on the old tractor took me 2 hours today, the results were better too..

I tried out the Blower set up on some of the deep stuff along the road also, some of it up to 3 feet deep.. There was just no hesitation or backloading as I went through it..
Very happy, and knocking on wood, but never even popped a shear pin and I was pushing things a bit :)

Haven't named the new one yet though hehehe